Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 385039 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1620 on: 16 January 2013, 19:20 »
Thanks, so it doesnt mean anything special then.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1621 on: 16 January 2013, 19:53 »
Keep an ear out for the timing chain rattle on start up the r56 has a tensioner issue.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #1622 on: 16 January 2013, 22:11 »
Funny you should say that, my mates JCW GP has just had the tensioner go, dumping the oil contents all over the engine and road.
Luckily he had taken out an extended warranty.
So far they have replaced the tensioner and, after hearing a rattle on startup, are going to replace the chain.
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #1623 on: 17 January 2013, 10:40 »
I had a good chat with the dealer about the timing tensioner, thats something i found on the web as a common fault known as the "death rattle" aparantly. The dealer got the mechanics to double check it so all ok at the moment. So if it does go wrong, hopefully it will be in the next 12 months under warranty.

AJ, i never did get my GTI in to sort out the coding for the original rear lights, the dealer phoned me to say they had got the code from VW UK, but i couldnt get it in in time before i part exed it. So i just left the lights switched off when i handed the car over so the warning light never came on. Naughty i know, but im sure the Mini dealer knocked my part ex price low enough so he could get things sorted.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1624 on: 17 January 2013, 16:39 »
Ill get some pics up this weekend, as long as im not under 10 foot of snow, and abit more of a write up on how it drives when i hopefully get it on a dry road.

Bring on the snow!

At last my chance to do some 4wd drifting. :evil:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1625 on: 17 January 2013, 19:11 »
...AJ, i never did get my GTI in to sort out the coding for the original rear lights, the dealer phoned me to say they had got the code from VW UK, but i couldnt get it in in time before i part exed it. So i just left the lights switched off when i handed the car over so the warning light never came on. Naughty i know, but im sure the Mini dealer knocked my part ex price low enough so he could get things sorted.

Oh well who ever buys it might be on here soon trying to solve the issue.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #1626 on: 17 January 2013, 22:44 »
That would be quite funny, ill let them know to speak to Boston VW as they definately have the code

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #1627 on: 18 January 2013, 08:30 »
Ill get some pics up this weekend, as long as im not under 10 foot of snow, and abit more of a write up on how it drives when i hopefully get it on a dry road.

Bring on the snow!

At last my chance to do some 4wd drifting. :evil:

Will and I will be hitting every parked car in our RWD mobiles  :grin:

I'm going for new front tyres today go I'll gopro it  :wink:

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1628 on: 20 January 2013, 11:40 »
Good call  :grin:

In all seriousness I have settled on following spec thinking about what I will enjoy having the most from a drivers perspective;

320d M Sport
Metallic Paint - colour tbc
Sun Protection Glass
Media Pack - Nav & Bluetooth
Lumbar Support
Business Speaker Upgrade

Nice spec car, and as much as I would have loved the Xenons and 19" wheels I think my choices will make my travelling more enjoyable  :cool:

So order is being placed on Monday for earliest delivery....just got to finalise colour and am in a 50/50 between Estoril Blue and Glacier Silver.....

Looked at so many pics online, concern is that Estoril is going to be the colour of choice for every other rep in an M-Sport but I loved the colour on the old E36 M3's.

Silver is very safe, but seems to be a less popular choice and does look nice with the privacy glass.

Any opinions would be grateful as it may be the flick of a coin at crunch time :grin:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1629 on: 20 January 2013, 12:46 »
I personally really like white with red leather but i know thats not to everyones taste.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂