Author Topic: rent is ridiculous but can't get a mortgage!  (Read 2823 times)

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
Re: rent is ridiculous but can't get a mortgage!
« Reply #40 on: 31 May 2011, 11:03 »
Just a question, you're making £300 on it a month why don't you get another property and put that £300 into your mortgage instead of someone else's pocket? :wink:

Because im busy building my car atm,when it is finished i will start looking for a new place then.I like to commit to one thing otherwise one or both of the projects will fail :smiley:
Probably just the way i work but it seems to work so if it aint broke.....  :grin:
The rented place im in atm is only £570pcm and it is in a nice area with a garage drive and gardens and the neighbour across the road is fit so im happy here. :lipsrsealed: :evil:

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #41 on: 01 June 2011, 12:43 »
Just to highlight my point earlier. Here is another article singing the praises of all the work the building companies and banks are doing to help "us" out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertynews/8546863/Secret-95-pc-mortgage-proposals-will-help-young-first-home-buyers.html

A fantastic way to keep the market inflated, and an equally fantastic way to get everyone in to the problem of negative equity on a home.

Offline delirical

• GTI forum regular
  • Like a g60
« Reply #42 on: 01 June 2011, 13:35 »
I work in London and commute from Buckinghamshire everyday, im looking to move up here and will need £800pm for a decent room or about £1500pm for a one bedroom appartment  :sick:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 02 June 2011, 09:45 »
Just to highlight my point earlier. Here is another article singing the praises of all the work the building companies and banks are doing to help "us" out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertynews/8546863/Secret-95-pc-mortgage-proposals-will-help-young-first-home-buyers.html

A fantastic way to keep the market inflated, and an equally fantastic way to get everyone in to the problem of negative equity on a home.

agreed. cant get the missing 20% deposit.. no worries the home builder will it lend it to you!! you just pay it back for the rest of your life at an ultra high rate in the hope that your home goes up in value. Dont worry about negative equity.. it will never happen  :smiley: