Author Topic: will mk2 spotlights fit a mk1?  (Read 5735 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: will mk2 spotlights fit a mk1?
« Reply #20 on: 19 May 2011, 20:26 »
personally i would go with originals and an uprated loom  :wink:

Love my loom!  :cool:

i get the feeling i need to do this  :lipsrsealed:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #21 on: 20 May 2011, 09:57 »

Can help you out with this when you want to do it.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 20 May 2011, 10:53 »

Can help you out with this when you want to do it.

yes please!

just been looking at this...

http://www.swdubs.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=12370

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #23 on: 23 May 2011, 15:17 »
That looks good, like the box for the relays.  Bit pricey though as the relays can be purchased for 99p upwards and the box cant cost that much, not sure how expensive the OEM connections were but I just used OEM from another loom.  Also cable varies in price depending on quality... The whole lot is not hard to make yourself if you really wanted to or get someone on here that might make it for you?.... I swear RJ made them for half the price of the above.

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 23 May 2011, 19:29 »
i got mine off ebay for 36quid which i consider a very good price, it didnt have a fancy ip66 box and it was one relay for headlights and one for spots plus fuses for each relay. the relays sit between battery and wing and are fine, in 3 yrs i have not had a problem with it, £75 is a bit of a pi1sstake. with mine iirc the only wires you cut are the ones which come from the stalk which control high/low beam 

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #25 on: 24 May 2011, 09:19 »
i got mine off ebay for 36quid which i consider a very good price, it didnt have a fancy ip66 box and it was one relay for headlights and one for spots plus fuses for each relay. the relays sit between battery and wing and are fine, in 3 yrs i have not had a problem with it, £75 is a bit of a pi1sstake. with mine iirc the only wires you cut are the ones which come from the stalk which control high/low beam 

I have the same setup as the £75 ones except I made it it myself.... The relay holders are situated in the same place as yours, they have screw holes to screw them to something but I intend to box them off. There is a way of doing it without cutting any wires.  Didn't cut any on mine, the upgraded looms signal wires are plugged straight into the OEM loom (bulb end).  Should there be a total failure of the upgrade (which is pretty impossible) I have the option of just plugging the OEM plugs back into the headlight bulbs.

I suppose to finish it off I could buy a funky box for the relays but I have a plastic one that I got from Chris (orange MK2 VR6) which I intend to house them in eventually even though it's really not vital at all.