Author Topic: Edition 35?  (Read 72174 times)

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
Re: Edition 35?
« Reply #130 on: 13 May 2011, 06:31 »
Yeah what price did they quote, as its not been set yet for the UK, from what I have seen?

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #131 on: 13 May 2011, 06:58 »
I was offered first shout today at the dealers on an ED35, but declined to much money  :rolleyes:

Go on then blow my socks off  :grin: how much?

32K with DSG , winter pack , no chance am I paying that for a golf:cry:. VW are pricing Joe public out of the Golf GTI now and the likes of myself are not going to pay it, other people must feel the same i'm sure  :sad:
« Last Edit: 13 May 2011, 07:12 by Steve30 »

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Jimmymature

« Reply #132 on: 13 May 2011, 07:33 »
I was offered first shout today at the dealers on an ED35, but declined to much money  :rolleyes:

Go on then blow my socks off  :grin: how much?

32K with DSG , winter pack , no chance am I paying that for a golf:cry:. VW are pricing Joe public out of the Golf GTI now and the likes of myself are not going to pay it, other people must feel the same i'm sure  :sad:

I agree Steve, I will want a MK7 when it comes out but the price will be far too much. I ain't paying £35k for a Golf GTI.

Jim

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #133 on: 13 May 2011, 08:15 »
Yeah it's getting to the stage where it's just crazy money.  Think I'd be more inclined to pay full whack for an Audi A3 replacement when it comes out, than an old model GTI which will be replaced sometime in the next year or so anyway.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #134 on: 13 May 2011, 15:21 »
Agree with posts above..... may have to go Seat next time for my VAG kicks....!

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #135 on: 13 May 2011, 15:59 »
German spec,

Will be interesting to see if we get this too, but i'd be suprised if not.

The Iron Cross...... I new I'd seen those wheels somewhere before

« Last Edit: 13 May 2011, 16:02 by MAW73 »

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #136 on: 13 May 2011, 16:05 »
I've been thinking the same Martin.
When I first saw the ED35 I thought ''Yes, I like that'' but the more I read Dave's links and realised a lot of the stuff on the press release car looks like it's going to be optional I thought ''what's the point?''. It'll be a good used buy in 3 or so years time maybe but not a wise buy if bought new. Unless VW do a discount run sometime to clear stocks of obsolete model when the mk7 starts tooling up for production.
I was again looking at Leon Cupra Rs recently. It'd be stupid to buy one new unless your company is stumping up the cash but as a used buy: Cupra R with Nav and Xenons, 6 months old and about £20k, less if you want a yellow one (and yellow is very much a 'classic' Cupra colour and suits the styling). Not much more than you'd pay for a six month old FR TDI with similar spec.
Me want!

Just like my Missus; I'll forgive the looks cos she was cheap! (I'll deny ever saying that !!!)  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #137 on: 13 May 2011, 16:25 »
I've been thinking the same Martin.
When I first saw the ED35 I thought ''Yes, I like that'' but the more I read Dave's links and realised a lot of the stuff on the press release car looks like it's going to be optional I thought ''what's the point?''. It'll be a good used buy in 3 or so years time maybe but not a wise buy if bought new. Unless VW do a discount run sometime to clear stocks of obsolete model when the mk7 starts tooling up for production.
I was again looking at Leon Cupra Rs recently. It'd be stupid to buy one new unless your company is stumping up the cash but as a used buy: Cupra R with Nav and Xenons, 6 months old and about £20k, less if you want a yellow one (and yellow is very much a 'classic' Cupra colour and suits the styling). Not much more than you'd pay for a six month old FR TDI with similar spec.
Me want!

Just like my Missus; I'll forgive the looks cos she was cheap! (I'll deny ever saying that !!!)  :grin:

Hi Andy........ Just checking your still alive and your Mrs has done you in after your last post  :smiley:

I really like the Cupra R Leons and would def consider one next time seeing as the GTI is getting so pricey. If only the interiors were just a little better in the Seat's.

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #138 on: 13 May 2011, 16:33 »
Ssssh, don't tell her!
The FL Leon's do have slightly better plastics than the ealy mk2s but don't look too hard at the door trims. I've been round the Castle Combe as a passenger in REVOs stage 2 Leon Cupra being piloted by a pukka race driver, I can confirm the door trims do bash your elbows quite a bit!
My mate has run one as his company car for a while (FR TDI) and actually once you've spent a bit of time in the cab you don't really look at it that much.
I actually quite like the funny plastic on the top of the dash - cheap 'n' cheeful just like my....errr...I won't mention her again..... :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #139 on: 13 May 2011, 16:42 »
Ssssh, don't tell her!
The FL Leon's do have slightly better plastics than the ealy mk2s but don't look too hard at the door trims. I've been round the Castle Combe as a passenger in REVOs stage 2 Leon Cupra being piloted by a pukka race driver, I can confirm the door trims do bash your elbows quite a bit!
My mate has run one as his company car for a while (FR TDI) and actually once you've spent a bit of time in the cab you don't really look at it that much.
I actually quite like the funny plastic on the top of the dash - cheap 'n' cheeful just like my....errr...I won't mention her again..... :grin:

Annoying that they don't make the Cupra R's DSG as far as I can see :sad:

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto