Author Topic: absolutely gutted  (Read 3110 times)

Offline -danisdubbin-

• GTI forum regular
  • The golf is dead :(
absolutely gutted
« on: 28 January 2011, 23:16 »
hey all, just had the worse night ever ...

ended up losing my back end on a patch of frosty road, was only doing 40 in a 60 zone ......

spun the car into the side of the road, smashed into a fence and lifted the car off its back wheel on one side, post dented all my back wing, ripped off door handles, wingmirror, smashed drivers side wheel up, drivers side door has dropped, scratched all up the side, lost the grill, car was done in basically

had to pay £150 to get it winched home, im devastated to say the least, put of lot of love into that car and now its a write off :(

ill get some pics up tomorrow, but just thought i'd ask for any advice of how to deal with the insurance company in regards to getting money for the car etc ......

so im back in the market lol, def want another golf so will see what i can find

cheers all, dan
Staceman ' i struggle not to w**k over that jetta sometimes '

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v 96 Storm Grey - Dead

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: absolutely gutted
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2011, 23:30 »
 :shocked: hope you get it all sorted, not sure on the insurance side of things.

Offline clivusdel

• Not said much yet
  • Mk3 Golf GTi 8v
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2011, 07:36 »
hope your fully comp

hope youve got legal cover

Offline jiminbmth

• GTI forum regular
  • brings back the sunshine!
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2011, 09:42 »
oooh poo! sorry for your loss! any injury? neck??!!
hope you made them aware of any changes to the car,otherwise now would be a good time to swap standard bits back over(anything wheels,kit,airfilter etc),as when the insurance guy comes,if he does,they will try anything to get out of payin,thats their job!
collect any photos,close ups etc(minus mods) and service history to prove value of car,if you havent all ready got an agreed valuation!
along with current mot s and paperwork,get in touch with em asap as this could a long process dep on who the underwriter is!!!
jiminbmth ;)

Offline -danisdubbin-

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2011, 10:44 »
hey, the only mods i did were put smoked side repeaters, pressed plates on and drilled the airbox. i take it they aren't gnna take the airbox out to look, coz you cant see it from the engine bay anyway!

im a named driver on my dads fully comped policy with direct line, gnna give them a call today. have taken a few pics (below) ive got full service history on the car, a reciept for the value i bought it for (this car was in such good nick) and all the old MOT's etc

is it worth going through autotrader etc and prinitng off some similar age/condition cars to give them an estimation of the correct value

jiminbmth - thanks for the concern pal, im a bit whiplashed, dnt remember much of it to be honest, neck and shoulder are sore and kinda have a bruised temple too ...... surprised the airbag didnt go off really lol

anwyay here's some pics, any more advice would be great lads, cheers

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2011, 10:52 »
Gutted, hope you get it all sorted.  Luckily as it looks as though you kept it relatively standard insurance should pay out no problems, let us know how you get on. :smiley:
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline stainesy

• I live here
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2011, 10:59 »
oh crap im gutted for you mate. hope you get it all sorted ok.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #7 on: 29 January 2011, 11:06 »

im a named driver on my dads fully comped policy with direct line, gnna give them a call today.

:undecided: do you not have your own policy then

Offline -danisdubbin-

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2011, 11:08 »

im a named driver on my dads fully comped policy with direct line, gnna give them a call today.

:undecided: do you not have your own policy then

no mate, was gnna renew it in summer on my own, was getting owned a bit for insurance ..... im a student so skint lol

Offline Sii

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 29 January 2011, 11:16 »
Ah that'll polish out!  :wink: