Author Topic: Golf prices..  (Read 5868 times)

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Golf prices..
« on: 31 October 2010, 19:23 »
Ok, not been discussed for a while, what do you think your Golf is now worth, more or less since you bought it, and as we seem to be coming out of recession, how do you see prices (Probably rising)  over the next couple of years...
Personally, I see a strong move to restore the better cars back to a more factory level, and genuine second hand GTI parts start to rise in price. Unmolested non enthusiast owned cars are now very thin on the ground, especially after the pointless "Scrappage" scheme, bringing the Mk2s status forward by a few years, and pretty much putting it now in line with the Mk1, and will surely start to catch it up price wise....
Discuss..

Thom

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: Golf prices..
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2010, 19:38 »
I think mine has gone up. It may sound like a bit of a crazy price to some people but have it insured at £4k, the cost of a straight well looked after mk2 16v is £2k atm then add the alloys, racing suspension, and the £5k turbo conversion plus the history of the car been stealths original demo car it may even be worth more  :smiley:


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Golf prices..
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2010, 19:42 »
I would hope that mine is at least worth what I paid for plus the re-spray.... If its worth more then great... If its worth less - so what!!!

I didn't buy it to make money - I bought it cos I wanted it and sod the money!!!!!

As for running expenses - well thats what you expect when running any car!!

I agree that I see OEM style cars being worth more in the longer run over molested ones...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: Golf prices..
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2010, 20:08 »
Last year I was offered 4.5K for mine at Players, the guy was serious as he'd approached me at a few other events earlier in the year, and on one occasion had a grand in cash as a deposit, even had one guy wanting to do a straight swap with an 03 plate TT.... errr no thanks... though no offers of any kind this year, though Im not interested at all in selling, and i only paid £600 for my car in 03...
Thom

Offline Mr Blue

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,133
Re: Golf prices..
« Reply #4 on: 31 October 2010, 20:16 »
Even I am having trouble finding OEM parts these days.

MK2's have been going up every other month (a good thing) :wink:
:)

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: Golf prices..
« Reply #5 on: 31 October 2010, 20:24 »
Yer tis good news, was only thinking today about buying another fairly standard 16v and getting it back to stock as i now have the space at me mum and dads


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Golf prices..
« Reply #6 on: 31 October 2010, 20:40 »
Even I am having trouble finding OEM parts these days.

MK2's have been going up every other month (a good thing) :wink:

You say that;  But I think it only applies to the correct models & colours....

I've had no interest in my 88 5 dr in white @£1400.00

Parts are getting to be an issue that why I keep buying what I can off the bay & storing some and selling others!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: Golf prices..
« Reply #7 on: 31 October 2010, 20:41 »
It was noticeable for me this year, just how many OEM cars are starting to appear at shows with not much more than a set of BBS splits, which quite frankly looks as good as anything, and gets my vote :wink:

Thom

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: Golf prices..
« Reply #8 on: 31 October 2010, 20:59 »
Im hoping they will rise! Got bumped off so hoping it'll be worth close 3k when Im finished. But I'm unsure as is it being an engine swap with megasquirt and after market suspension count as molested ? Probably does.

Yer I think they look best on bbs's.

Offline jeremybarker

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 361
Re: Golf prices..
« Reply #9 on: 31 October 2010, 21:39 »
Well i'd like to think that i'd get £800 back for my white 5dr, i don't quite see them having the same value as a MK1 GTI though, i would have thought a very clean MK2 would be £3-4k and MK1 £5k upwards. Personally i think it will be a very long time before MK2 GTI's would stand a chance of re-couping restorations costs but that's certainly not what i would expect. I anticipate putting £2k plus into sorting the bodywork and re-painting my car plus i'd love to put a VR6 engine up front.

Making up for lost time