Author Topic: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???  (Read 3898 times)

Offline HuwMk2

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 497
Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
« on: 26 October 2010, 19:47 »
Hi all. I am about to purchase an Edition One Recaro interior. I am a little bit worried about the old saying 'Blue and Green should never be seen!'. Do you think the Recaros will look ok in the car??? Cheers, Huw.

Offline popleyruss

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,063
Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2010, 20:37 »
No they won't look good you should sell them to me  instead haha
Just plain dubbin

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
« Reply #2 on: 26 October 2010, 20:52 »
Sounds like peer pressure to put them in your car fella?
I didn't for one reason the weight of them apart from that they look solid and hug you around corners well?
Depends if YOU are going to be happy. I personally would go custom if it bothered me that much and get custom leather that suits your tastes  :wink:

Offline mwep201081

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
« Reply #3 on: 26 October 2010, 20:58 »
the likes of Gok Wan say blue and green should never be seen.....

I say just get them already

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
« Reply #4 on: 26 October 2010, 21:00 »
Buy them then trim them, tongue twister there! will cost a fortune though!

Offline Mr Blue

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,133
Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
« Reply #5 on: 26 October 2010, 21:10 »
will be fine mate. Seen it done before and wasnt as bad as it sounds. If they are mint and a decent price then you can always sell them on.

Dont go down the leather route. :lipsrsealed:
:)

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
« Reply #6 on: 26 October 2010, 21:11 »
Mine are leather, I want them half leather though old school material then leather side arms, just too hot in summer and too cold in winter lol!

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
« Reply #7 on: 26 October 2010, 21:14 »
will be fine mate. Seen it done before and wasnt as bad as it sounds. If they are mint and a decent price then you can always sell them on.

Dont go down the leather route. :lipsrsealed:

Depends on what type of leather sir  :kiss:

Offline Mr Blue

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,133
Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
« Reply #8 on: 26 October 2010, 21:19 »
Leather retrims do look nice but you slide around all over the place in a corner. Recaro's are just as bad in leather trim :grin:
:)

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
« Reply #9 on: 26 October 2010, 21:20 »
Will be fine, go for it.