Author Topic: Are silver ones rare  (Read 3234 times)

Offline jmsheahan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,147
Re: Are silver ones rare
« Reply #10 on: 26 October 2010, 18:33 »
You looking at getting another mk2 Chuff? Or just browsing?  :cool:

Offline JC

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 13,393
  • Back in the North.
Re: Are silver ones rare
« Reply #11 on: 26 October 2010, 18:35 »
general browsing with a view to being sensible  :grin:

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Re: Are silver ones rare
« Reply #12 on: 26 October 2010, 19:41 »
Quentin Wilson once owned the car if that does it any favours and it's the same car as this....

120637576827

Offline ramps

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 85
Re: Are silver ones rare
« Reply #13 on: 26 October 2010, 22:37 »
I have a silver one, I was gunna paint it matt black, might not bother now!

Offline vr6 south

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 24
Re: Are silver ones rare
« Reply #14 on: 27 October 2010, 12:53 »
I have a silver one, I was gunna paint it matt black, might not bother now!
I have a silver one too. Small bumper, 3 door, one owner from new with 80k genuine miles with full VAG s/h. I guess it must be V rare :)

Offline earlymk2

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 145
Re: Are silver ones rare
« Reply #15 on: 27 October 2010, 13:11 »
Mine is silver too, didnt think it was rare!! Thought it was rarer cos its a type 19 and a 5 door.

Offline weazgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 955
Re: Are silver ones rare
« Reply #16 on: 27 October 2010, 17:34 »
I got a sort of light gold one but on the log book it says silver.

Offline ramps

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 85
Re: Are silver ones rare
« Reply #17 on: 27 October 2010, 20:19 »
I have a silver one, I was gunna paint it matt black, might not bother now!
I have a silver one too. Small bumper, 3 door, one owner from new with 80k genuine miles with full VAG s/h. I guess it must be V rare :)

mines a 90spec 3 door, paint is shabby no history, bit of a dog to be honest but I wanted a golf so bad haha

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: Are silver ones rare
« Reply #18 on: 27 October 2010, 23:27 »
Seems silver is common as muck too :grin:

Spotted a silver one owner car car near me 1985 3dr fsh 80k on the clock ad says needs TLC, which we all know means truck loads of cash.

Still want it badly though. That way I'd have an early OEM one and a late modified one :cool:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.