Have you had that feeling just before you fire up a car that hasn't for two years?All was going well before the starter motor gave up and picked up a nice new one this afternoon.
Bolted it on and gave it a start up.
Cranked over but no fire up.
Scratching my head I started checking spark all was present on all cylinders and quite a health spark!
Then smelt the fuel and thought there wasn't enough, as I only stuck £5.00 of V power into it, so stuck another £6.00 just in case. No fire up.
I noticed the firing order was just wrong so took the dizzy cap off and reset all the HT leads to correct firing positions (1342) it started to turn over again, but soon as it started it stalled pretty much right away.
Still I was not going to get beaten by her! Checked the plugs loads of fuel in the chamber, and fueling was definitly not an issue.
Then started to check vacume pipes, plugs and guess what the over run grey thingy was sitting off and not properly on the rubber metering pipe. So stuck it on and fired it up
BRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooom! Nice cloud of smoke (white) tapitap until the oil started to move and then the high idle settled down to a nice purrrrr after 10 minutes! No blue smoke, no more tapits sound just pure engine purr tickover. Blipt the throttle it stayed high longer than I wanted and think the throttle body had some gunk.
But what a high to hear, smell and see the engine run after two years!
All pulleys runing well alternator seemed a bit loose so tightened it up added more distilled water to the expansion tank. Added more PAS fluid and all is good!
I let the rad get up to temps and turned it off as the fan is not on yet. But I'm feeling really happy that the engine is a good one which I knew it would be, as I stripped it before hand and the valves were like spanking brand new with no carbon.
Feeling the Mojo guys Biggest smile on my face in a long time!
