Author Topic: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Gone :(  (Read 235734 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf..F*#*ing Forge........
« Reply #1360 on: 22 June 2013, 21:02 »
Rhys, doesn`t OEM+ mean only parts from original manufacturer upgrades?.. :wink: :whistle:

Not in my world  :wink: :grin:

jamie16v

« Reply #1361 on: 22 June 2013, 21:08 »
fair enough  :huh: :grin:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1362 on: 22 June 2013, 21:17 »
fair enough  :huh: :grin:

:grin:

Most of the stuff I have replaced there are few people offering anything upgraded. 

I do have a list of stuff which will be upgraded as and when required  :whistle:

Hopefully get these silly pipes fitted this week and plumb in a boost gauge. Problem with running a diesel is that VAGCOM doesn't read high enough for boost figures  :grin: :evil:

jamie16v

« Reply #1363 on: 22 June 2013, 21:30 »

VAGCOM doesn't read high enough for boost figures  :grin: :evil:
huh?.... you running silly boost?...

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1364 on: 22 June 2013, 21:35 »

VAGCOM doesn't read high enough for boost figures  :grin: :evil:
huh?.... you running silly boost?...

Got a Siemens ECU and VAGCOM cant read above 1.4 bar IIRC or something like that

Think I'm running approx 1.5 or thereabouts. I'll let you know when I have the gauge  :grin:

Don't forget diesels run much higher boost than petrols in standard form

My old MK4 was peaking at 27psi  :lipsrsealed:

jamie16v

« Reply #1365 on: 22 June 2013, 21:44 »
I see, all interesting stuff!.. you might need to teach me some of your acquired skills some day... if youre willing of course  :wink: :whistle: beers!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1366 on: 22 June 2013, 21:47 »
I see, all interesting stuff!.. you might need to teach me some of your acquired skills some day... if youre willing of course  :wink: :whistle: beers!

Just give your mate with the T5 a nudge my way and I'll see what I can do :afro:

I'm learning all the time  :nerd:  lucky to have a good bunch of people I can talk to / exchange ideas etc  :cool:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1367 on: 22 June 2013, 21:50 »
You can see my problem in the numbers below

jamie16v

« Reply #1368 on: 22 June 2013, 21:52 »

Just give your mate with the T5 a nudge my way and I'll see what I can do :afro:

I'm learning all the time  :nerd:  lucky to have a good bunch of people I can talk to / exchange ideas etc  :cool:
he hasn`t got back to me on that yet  :sad: he`s a skinter just like me though..
I will ask him to sort it out though, it needs doing man.. he`ll have the fastest camper in the west!  :grin:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1369 on: 22 June 2013, 21:53 »

he hasn`t got back to me on that yet  :sad: he`s a skinter just like me though..
I will ask him to sort it out though, it needs doing man.. he`ll have the fastest camper in the west!  :grin:

Well, one of them  :grin:  people are always blown away by how much better they drive once mapped  :cool: