Author Topic: Water pump pulley removal?  (Read 4005 times)

Offline weazgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 955
Re: Water pump pulley removal?
« Reply #10 on: 07 September 2010, 06:21 »
These things are sent to try us lol. When i got my pump i didnt get the housing so rather than risk snapping the 10mm bolts i got another housing off another golf.Couldnt say whether it was a vag item or not.
Did your pump not leak with a bolt missing? I suppose another option is to remove it all again and maybe grind a tiny bit off the offending bolt?

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Water pump pulley removal?
« Reply #11 on: 07 September 2010, 18:32 »
Take care when refitting as the rubber washer between pump face and block can slip out as its near vertical when face to face.

Offline weazgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 955
Re: Water pump pulley removal?
« Reply #12 on: 07 September 2010, 19:31 »
Got it all on ok its just the housing is pushing the metal bit of the cambelt cover.