Author Topic: please help, my gti is juddering like its starved of fuel with a full tank  (Read 3084 times)

Offline pascoe

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 36
hi i have a 1.8 8v gti and when its warn and at high revs over 4000rpm or low revs under 2500rpm it judders like its being starved of fuel but its got a full tank and i was wondering if its a fuel pump problem, injectors or sumthing, any ideas

cheers pascoe


Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
first thing I'd try personally is the fuel filter!

Offline pascoe

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 36
o yeah didnt think of that, will get a new 1 mondey and see if thats it. cheers

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
I doubt its the fuel filter if it only happens when warm.

Is it K-Jet or Digi?

Offline danny_p

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,644
check the lift pump
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline jmsheahan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,147

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Good call! - didn't realize he said about it being warm!

Offline pascoe

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 36
thanks for the replys will try the fuel filter tomoro just in case because its the cheapest lol if it doesnt solve it will have to try the lift pump.

and myt be a silly question but how do i know if its a k jet or a digi?

thanks again.

Offline jmsheahan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,147
Airbox is the biggest giveaway I've always thought. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Digi - Has the box maf sensor on the top


K-Jet - has a load of hoses coming from the airbox


Hope this helps.

Offline jmsheahan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,147
This may help with the fuel pump diagnostics too.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=84079.0