Author Topic: Golf availability  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Golf availability
« on: 24 August 2010, 17:33 »
is it me or have 1.1 - 1.3 mk2s become really rare?  like I go on here, ebay or trade it etc and i see plenty of gti's and quite a few 1.6s but no smaller ones, Im trying to find a little golf for my brothers first car, 1.3 maximum and so far ive found one and its too far away, tis madness!

Offline mk2bal

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 811
Re: Golf availability
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2010, 18:11 »
all the 1.3's have been 16v'd like mine :wink:

Offline DOA

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 582
Re: Golf availability
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2010, 21:58 »
Pretty sure the Gti's consistently outsold the lower models throughout their lifetimes anyway which wont help.

Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Re: Golf availability
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2010, 23:50 »
The insurance will still be quite high on a 1.3 mk2 Golf, from what I remember they are quite a high insurance group compared to Fiesta's and other cars of similar engine sizes, just so you know

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: Golf availability
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2010, 23:52 »
Scrappage for you.....
Thom

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Golf availability
« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2010, 00:09 »
How many 1.3's have been turned into GTI's...

If the body's sound the rest is just a transplant... I bet a GTI will fetch 3-5 times as much as a 1.3 or 1.6 Driver!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Golf availability
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2010, 00:09 »
The insurance will still be quite high on a 1.3 mk2 Golf, from what I remember they are quite a high insurance group compared to Fiesta's and other cars of similar engine sizes, just so you know

Yeh, altho he is 21 so hes not THAT young so hopefully itl be manageable, main reason he wants a golf is cause i have a shed full of spare golf parts and a fair bit of knowledge about them (which isnt a lot but compared to every other car its sh!t loads)  :laugh:

Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Re: Golf availability
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2010, 02:02 »
Ok cool well yea shouldn't be too bad. Has he just passed, or has he got some NCB? I was 21 with 1 years NCB at the start of this policy and I paid £715 on an 8v GTI

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: Golf availability
« Reply #8 on: 25 August 2010, 02:54 »
Ok cool well yea shouldn't be too bad. Has he just passed, or has he got some NCB? I was 21 with 1 years NCB at the start of this policy and I paid £715 on an 8v GTI

well he passed his test when he was 18, had a car for abit, crashed it, scrapped it, and didnt bother getting another one cause he went to uni.  so he hasnt got any no claims but hes held his license for a good few years

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: Golf availability
« Reply #9 on: 25 August 2010, 17:06 »
itll be cheap as as chips probs, my insurance only goes down majorly for each year ive held my licence,