Author Topic: Revo stage one boost issues  (Read 37574 times)

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
Re: Revo stage one boost issues
« Reply #10 on: 29 July 2010, 10:46 »
Thanks Rhyso  :cool:

APR Stage 2+

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #11 on: 29 July 2010, 10:58 »

No probs.

When does the issue occur?  Part throttle? Full throttle??

To get accurate boost logs you need to floor it in 3rd / 4th gear from approx 2500rpm to the red line.

I'd suggest using a private runway of course  :wink:

Also try Block 23 / 25 - that should give you engine load request  :undecided:  Not up to speed on the MK6's but certainly on the MK4 that's a useful block to measure  :smiley:

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 29 July 2010, 13:12 »
Happens on full and part throttle. Oddly its an intermiting thing, seem to think the car is overboosting then the ECU is holding it back.

APR Stage 2+

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 29 July 2010, 18:45 »
Just seems very odd that its happening to all cars with REVO plus according to SteveP they know about it. Had the car on VAG COM and everything seems fine. Maybe do some runs recording the boost  :undecided:

Nope that is not what I said.

It's happening on my car running the development version of stage 2 and some stage 1 cars. All the stage 1 cars (expect one) have stage 2 type hardware. Which also concurs with what happen to mine. 100% fine in stock and stage one until I added the intake.

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 29 July 2010, 18:48 »

No probs.

When does the issue occur?  Part throttle? Full throttle??

To get accurate boost logs you need to floor it in 3rd / 4th gear from approx 2500rpm to the red line.

I'd suggest using a private runway of course  :wink:

Also try Block 23 / 25 - that should give you engine load request  :undecided:  Not up to speed on the MK6's but certainly on the MK4 that's a useful block to measure  :smiley:

The issue I am aware of effects the car between 1800 to 3000 rpm, where the car will hesitates or surges a few times between these two points in the rev range.

It's basically the ECU cutting the throttle when it detects any overboost, once it reaches just over 3000rpm it pulls cleanly and very well.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 29 July 2010, 19:29 »
Mine is when im am usually in 3rd foot to the metal and between 3-4k revs. the power delivery definately is not smooth :undecided:

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 30 July 2010, 11:29 »
Are revo aware of this thread? And more importantly what are they going to do about it. I dont understand why is was fine for awhile and now its f**ked though :O

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #17 on: 30 July 2010, 14:29 »
Are revo aware of this thread? And more importantly what are they going to do about it. I dont understand why is was fine for awhile and now its f**ked though :O

I dont think Revo give a flying F*** TBH  :grin:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 30 July 2010, 15:50 »
Am going to email them, point of this thread was to see who else is having these problems. Will email them tomorrow  :wink:

APR Stage 2+

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #19 on: 30 July 2010, 15:54 »
Am going to email them, point of this thread was to see who else is having these problems. Will email them tomorrow  :wink:

If it was my car, I would take the map off and go for superchips. Try and get a refund from Revo? :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf