Author Topic: Armour door plates  (Read 10643 times)

Offline mwep201081

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #10 on: 27 July 2010, 07:51 »
Don't buy GSF ones there S**T don't fit well at all.

Mine (from GSF) fitted fine and have been on the car for around 12 years, and the seal is as good as new

Maybe they've changed supplier since I bought mine though?

Offline dragonfly

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,110
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #11 on: 27 July 2010, 08:46 »
I bought a set recently from Volksbits for about £15.

Offline BiGUKG

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
  • Simples!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #12 on: 27 July 2010, 17:54 »
Websites are so badly designed, why can't you just type "door plates" in so it comes up with a list you can pick and chose from? GSF, BigBoysToys and VolksBits are all the same.

Taken to looking on eBay now..... :rolleyes:

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #13 on: 27 July 2010, 18:03 »
Ask on the wanted section... Thats where I have bought both my sets...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #14 on: 27 July 2010, 18:55 »
Personaly I would never fit them :lipsrsealed:
hom

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #15 on: 27 July 2010, 19:00 »
Personaly I would never fit them :lipsrsealed:
hom

Depends if you HAVE to or not!! :grin:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #16 on: 27 July 2010, 19:36 »
Personaly I would never fit them :lipsrsealed:
hom

Depends if you HAVE to or not!! :grin:

Not really, fitting them doesn't stop anyone from having a go! and when they do, it leaves the door far more butchered than if it had non fitted, the plates are only any good to cover up cosmetically any previous damage.. :sad:
Thom
« Last Edit: 27 July 2010, 19:38 by thom89 »

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #17 on: 27 July 2010, 19:39 »
Thats why I said only if you have too!!

They only take 10mins to fit and dont do any damage at all - Well the ones I have fitted haven't...  :wink:


Personaly I would never fit them :lipsrsealed:
hom

Depends if you HAVE to or not!! :grin:

Not really, fitting them doesn't stop anyone from having a go! and when the do, it leaves the door far more butchered than if it had non fitted, the plates are only any good to cover up cosmetically any previous damage.. :sad:
Thom

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #18 on: 27 July 2010, 20:21 »
Personaly I would never fit them :lipsrsealed:
hom

Depends if you HAVE to or not!! :grin:

Not really, fitting them doesn't stop anyone from having a go! and when they do, it leaves the door far more butchered than if it had non fitted, the plates are only any good to cover up cosmetically any previous damage.. :sad:
Thom

which is why mine has a drivers side plate, but no passenger side. the drivers door is butchered behind the plate  :sad:


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline mwep201081

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #19 on: 27 July 2010, 20:22 »
Websites are so badly designed, why can't you just type "door plates" in so it comes up with a list you can pick and chose from? GSF, BigBoysToys and VolksBits are all the same.

Taken to looking on eBay now..... :rolleyes:

GSF do them too... 20 quid...
https://secure.gsfcarparts.com/shop/basket.asp?make=VW%20WATERCOOLED&model=GOLF%20Mk2&Category=BODY+%26+TRIM&keywords=

did my link not work?