Author Topic: Lights on buzzer  (Read 14013 times)

Offline zedox

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 23
Lights on buzzer
« on: 13 July 2010, 15:10 »
Afternoon all,

Recently bought a mk2 Golf GTi 16v...

Left my lights on today which made me realise there is no buzzer to notify the driver when the door opens...
Should there be one, if so, which relay do I need to replace on the fuse box?

Ta
Antonio

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Lights on buzzer
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2010, 15:29 »
not as std, there isinfoout there on how to wire em in. if its a later mk2 with ce2 fusebox you can splice 4 wires round the back and then the mk3 lights on warning relay plugs in and works
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline zedox

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 23
Re: Lights on buzzer
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2010, 15:43 »
Cheers rubjonny!
Will have a look up, maybe put together a how-to guide if I persue this mod!

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Lights on buzzer
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2010, 15:58 »
this is the wiring diagram for the MK3 relay, which is #36.  even if you dont or cant fit it to the fusebox, you can use this to figure out the pinout on the back so you could add it to a separate relay holder above the fusebox

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline zedox

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 23
Re: Lights on buzzer
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2010, 16:02 »
Thanks very much!

Weekend project me thinks :D

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Lights on buzzer
« Reply #5 on: 04 August 2010, 19:50 »
Did you get anywhere with this mod??

I have a No 36 relay and am looking for a "Idiots Guide" to fitting it to my 1992 Mk2 Fusebox... As I left the lights on today... Grrrr

I would like to do it properly as there have been enough "Ray Charles" Sparkies around the car already!!!

RJ do you have a link to one??

If I manage to sus this out I will get it added to the Maint & Info section...

Thanks

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline JMallows

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,281
Re: Lights on buzzer
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2010, 21:07 »
There is this guide, http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=13552.0, wouldnt be too hard to modify it to fit a MK3 relay. Its basically using the same connectors, ignition, door earth and lighting circuit


A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Lights on buzzer
« Reply #7 on: 04 August 2010, 21:12 »
Thanks I have read that thread, but I really want a proper OEM style job using the proper #36 Relay mounted in the Fusebox if thats do-able...

Just me being Ana1 again... :rolleyes: :shocked:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Lights on buzzer
« Reply #8 on: 05 August 2010, 14:47 »
cant you see the wiring diagram i posted for the 36 relay?
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Lights on buzzer
« Reply #9 on: 05 August 2010, 14:54 »
cant you see the wiring diagram i posted for the 36 relay?

Yes RJ but sorry to say its double dutch to my simple mind.....

Was/am never any good at following stuff like that.

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!