Greetings peeps,
Have had a mk2 16v sitting on the drive for over a year.
Last started her 2 months ago and she ran fine for an hour or so..
Anyhoo, with a wedding ahead, i had to shift the car off the road this week.
Started off by sorting the rear brakes which were well and truly seized, then came the engine...
At first the starter motor was not turning, but clicking, replaced the battery and she started turning but no ignition.
Several attempts later, i decided to check the spark plugs/ignition leads, with a screwdriver, sparking no probs there..
I also chucked a jerrican of unleaded petrol in but still no luck

I decided to open the air intake pipe (the mahoosive one) and found it to be bone dry.
Also no petrol smell after all the attempted starts.
Fueling problem or am i going about this the wrong way?
I loosened the bolts around the metering head one by one and there was deffo fuel getting to there so I am bamboozled

As a last resort, I fired some spurts of cold start spray into the intake and the engine fired no probs, but would not sustain and die after a few seconds.
Serious depression! I had to get my brother to tow the car off the drive and into a lockup untill i have time to investigate this further.
Any ideas chaps?
Look forward to your thoughts...

Goops