GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
Starter motor replacement mk2 16v advice please
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Author
Topic: Starter motor replacement mk2 16v advice please (Read 2596 times)
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Starter motor replacement mk2 16v advice please
«
on:
10 June 2010, 19:55 »
Hi there
looking at replacing my starter motor, anyone reccomendations on make and price much appreciated.
Thanks
Logged
richard s
I live here
Posts: 725
Re: Starter motor replacement mk2 16v advice please
«
Reply #1 on:
10 June 2010, 20:57 »
if you can live without the car for a day take it off and take it to chapmans auto electrics on shalesmoor for a refurb
Logged
rubjonny
10k hero
Posts: 16,349
Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Starter motor replacement mk2 16v advice please
«
Reply #2 on:
11 June 2010, 10:06 »
just make sure its a MK2 k-jet starter you buy, you need one with 2 spade terminals on it. cabry and digifant ones just have the 1 terminal
Logged
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: Starter motor replacement mk2 16v advice please
«
Reply #3 on:
11 June 2010, 13:09 »
Thank you both for the advice
Russ
Logged
richard s
I live here
Posts: 725
Re: Starter motor replacement mk2 16v advice please
«
Reply #4 on:
11 June 2010, 20:48 »
ive replied to your pm mate
Logged
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: Starter motor replacement mk2 16v advice please
«
Reply #5 on:
11 June 2010, 21:02 »
Thank you
Logged
Reasty
I live here
Posts: 1,070
Alpine white valver.
Re: Starter motor replacement mk2 16v advice please
«
Reply #6 on:
14 June 2010, 21:39 »
It started life with a Bosch one so put a Bosch one on it can't beat em
Logged
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: Starter motor replacement mk2 16v advice please
«
Reply #7 on:
15 June 2010, 16:43 »
I'm onit
Logged
richard s
I live here
Posts: 725
Re: Starter motor replacement mk2 16v advice please
«
Reply #8 on:
15 June 2010, 20:58 »
did you take it to chapmans
Logged
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: Starter motor replacement mk2 16v advice please
«
Reply #9 on:
16 June 2010, 16:19 »
Not yet but will be as soon as I get a minute, someone crashed into the car today so that's took priority for now
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
Starter motor replacement mk2 16v advice please