Author Topic: GTI MK6 - Faults/Rattles/Squeeks etc  (Read 109985 times)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI MK6 - Faults/Rattles/Squeeks etc
« Reply #200 on: 07 June 2010, 13:48 »
Mines Phylis, and she behaves herself too :grin: but prefers being Manual'ly slapped with DSG paddles:wink:

There was, long ago, a toy in Ann Summers called Phylis! :embarassed: :laugh:
I also had a nanny by that name. She taught me much! :grin:
« Last Edit: 07 June 2010, 14:47 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #201 on: 07 June 2010, 14:07 »
Don't you now have a strong smell of WD40 in the car?

It was just two very minor squirts. No smell. But I love it anyway as it reminds me of my glue sniffing days! :embarassed: :laugh:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #202 on: 08 June 2010, 18:28 »
21 pages but does anyone have any fixes yet  :grin:

I have a rattle thats over powering the radio  :evil: coming from the back of the car somewere now.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Online ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #203 on: 08 June 2010, 18:45 »
I have a fix ear plugs.  :grin:
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #204 on: 08 June 2010, 20:50 »
Mines Phylis, and she behaves herself too :grin: but prefers being Manual'ly slapped with DSG paddles:wink:

Right let me get this straight, your a bloke, and you know the Ann summers back catalog :laugh: :laugh:.............

Fair play  :cool:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #205 on: 08 June 2010, 21:33 »
Right let me get this straight, your a bloke, and you know the Ann summers back catalog :laugh: :laugh:.............
Fair play  :cool:

It was a great place to shop with a naughty gal! :grin:

Offline Rigman

• Just got here
« Reply #206 on: 17 June 2010, 13:12 »
After 4-weeks, my only gripes so far is a whistling noise from the drivers door seal at 70'ish and a rattle from the passenger door. I adjusted the drivers door striker plate and that got rid of the whistle, and after much hunting I identified the rattle as the door catch on the striker bar. Put a couple of wraps of insulation tape around it and total silence (I seem to recall that manufacturers sometimes put a heat shrink sleeve on the bar or post probably to stop it rattling) Simples!

Trim is a bit thin and cheap in places compared to my old A3, but otherwise totally thrilled with it!

GTi, 3-door, Carbon Grey, Xenons, RCD510 Dynaudio+DAB, Monza Shadows, Winter & Storage Pack

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #207 on: 19 June 2010, 20:33 »
I'm getting a strange, almost synchronised (every 3 seconds) ticking noise from the drivers door lock area, which is only noticable when stationary in traffice or at lights.  I'm also noticing wind noise at 70mph from the drivers door.

And a new one tonight, a squeaking noise coming from the offside rear wheel area, that I can only hear when I get in and out of the car.  I can replicate it by pushing down on the rear bumper.   :huh:

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #208 on: 20 June 2010, 15:39 »
I've got a vibration/ rattle which seems to come from the driver's door when I first drive away but then seems to go once the car's warmed up a bit. The car has also developed a squeak in the last couple of days from the central locking when I double press the central locking on the key fob.

This doesn't include the racing and dipping of the revs when I'm in first gear crawling along in traffic. Me thinks it's time to pay VW a visit...

Have to say a little disappointing when considering the car's only 3 months old  :sad:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #209 on: 20 June 2010, 15:43 »
Have to say a little disappointing when considering the car's only 3 months old  :sad:
I know what you meen i must ahve about a dosen or so rattles and squeeks now but im worried about letting one of VWs finest loose on it. If i can find them and cure them myself i will be much happier known something else has not been damaged, marked or broken or thrashed to death in the process.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.