Author Topic: Chemical Guy's JetSeal 109  (Read 8668 times)

Offline asif

• I live here
Re: Chemical Guy's JetSeal 109
« Reply #30 on: 30 April 2010, 14:35 »
Jeez I read a thread on that forum once it was god know how many pages abiut a guy that had a white Vauxhall nurburg ring edition VXR and the guy was mad the stuff he was doing.

The car was bought brand new and he was checking the thickness of the layers of paint with some tool and ended up putting something like close to 50 layers of wax. WTF that is anal as you like :grin:
MK7 GT Bluemotion Tech TDi

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 30 April 2010, 14:36 »
Sorry to hear about your wife Dan, hope she get's well soon.
MK7 GT Bluemotion Tech TDi

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #32 on: 30 April 2010, 15:41 »
Sorry to hear about your wife Dan, hope she get's well soon.

thanks mate, shes on the road to recovery so hopefully we will be up and running again full time very soon.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline JasonPD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 30 April 2010, 17:16 »
I'd agree that Dodo are fantastic waxes (used most of them and it is all down to budget and colour as to which you choose) but I personally have not used JetSeal before.  It sounds a bit like overkill using both and I'd want to check first (if it was me) with Dodo that their wax will bond to a surface that has been JetSealed.  Some sealants like OptiSeal are fine to put before a wax but others like Nanolex are not.

Dodo waxes offer better durability if the paint if properly prepared with their Lime Prime pre wax cleaner.  2-3 coats of wax should keep your ride protected for several months.  I'd leave a day between coats to allow to cure. 

Hope this helps

do you work for dodo juice?

LOL, no I don't work for them... I did used to work for the Australian distributor (before I came back to the UK) so I've used them loads  :smiley:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #34 on: 30 April 2010, 17:29 »
I'd agree that Dodo are fantastic waxes (used most of them and it is all down to budget and colour as to which you choose) but I personally have not used JetSeal before.  It sounds a bit like overkill using both and I'd want to check first (if it was me) with Dodo that their wax will bond to a surface that has been JetSealed.  Some sealants like OptiSeal are fine to put before a wax but others like Nanolex are not.

Dodo waxes offer better durability if the paint if properly prepared with their Lime Prime pre wax cleaner.  2-3 coats of wax should keep your ride protected for several months.  I'd leave a day between coats to allow to cure. 

Hope this helps

do you work for dodo juice?

LOL, no I don't work for them... I did used to work for the Australian distributor (before I came back to the UK) so I've used them loads  :smiley:

top man. gotta love the dodojuice:)
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 30 April 2010, 17:40 »
Hard work pays off! How did you find the Bilt hamber clay? Did u use water as a lube? My first time claying, so all tips please  :grin:

Water as lube worked for me, just make sure its really wet and slippery!
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19