Author Topic: 450+ ...........The eaaaasssy way  (Read 7891 times)

Offline Phil_M

• GTI forum regular
Re: 400bhp? ...........no problem!
« Reply #30 on: 01 April 2010, 20:26 »
For 400hp Budget around 6K+ for Engine and turbo conversion and then you can start on getting the power to the ground, Lsd, semi slicks, traction/launch control, strenghened gear box if your on 5 speed, Clutch and flywheel, suspension etc, decent brakes if you have not all ready got them.

You really need to speak to who ever is going to map the the car for fuel requirements.

Turbo's your looking at something like Owens IHI/Garret or Garret Gt3071R more choice of manifolds for the Garret, Both will be fairly laggy though.

Oh and last but not least a endless pit of money  :tongue:
GOLF 1.9T AGU TD05H 18G
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v218/pipmann30/GOLF%20GTI%20%20TURBO/?albumview=slideshow

Front wheel drive monster 0-60mph in under 5sec 0-100mph in 10sec

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 01 April 2010, 20:47 »
Yeah man.....  Won't disclose what I'm prepared to spend on the forum incase any of the tuners I'm waiting on suddenly come up with a figure after Reading it!

But yeah, a few things I'm going to be quite lucky with, such as LSD, gearbox, clutch and the like, met some useful people purely by fluke which will help with budget considerably!
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
« Reply #32 on: 01 April 2010, 23:16 »
Yeah man.....  Won't disclose what I'm prepared to spend on the forum incase any of the tuners I'm waiting on suddenly come up with a figure after Reading it!

But yeah, a few things I'm going to be quite lucky with, such as LSD, gearbox, clutch and the like, met some useful people purely by fluke which will help with budget considerably!

the lsd is definatly worth it its transformed the car and how the power gets put down  :cool: :grin:

fear is temporary, regret lasts forever...
V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!

Offline TJJONESVDUB

• Here all the time
  • Give me lip and il tattoo daihatsu to your head!
« Reply #33 on: 01 April 2010, 23:29 »
Jordan as I sold you the car I want first dibs on the passenger seat lol I just showed the mrs the thread and she hates you as of now for doing this to her car lol sounds good though, please bare in mind my mrs is the last person you want to justifi spending money on a car it's ok for her she now drives a clk 320 so she doesnt need anymore power but watch when she comes crawling with the service bill! Anyway I can't wait and mite have to steal a few of your ideas for my golf that is still sat there. However 400bhp is far more I'm aiming for lol keep us updated.

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
« Reply #34 on: 02 April 2010, 10:59 »
Jord - this may be of interest to you mate. Engine already built to spec, just need to add the turbo, lsd etc

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=296762

Phil_M - I think you need to get a project thread in the mk4 section so we can all have a good drool at ya motor
« Last Edit: 02 April 2010, 11:03 by Hulmie »

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 02 April 2010, 12:17 »
Hulmie I could pretty much bum youright now!

An I agree, project thread from phil m please!
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
« Reply #36 on: 02 April 2010, 12:25 »
Hulmie I could pretty much bum youright now!

Erm, No thank you. Just stick to saying thanks

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6

Offline AaronGS

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 02 April 2010, 15:06 »
Dude have you spoken to Bill brockbank? His ibiza Cupra is running >500bhp and he has done several very successful big power conversions. Very decent chap and offers very good advise. He's not that far from you either.
http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=151723
http://www.badger-5.com/

Good luck with it mate. I can spin mine (350bhp) in third in the dry but its all down to driving it properly. 400bhp FWD will be a handful but will bring on big smiles! Good luck.

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 02 April 2010, 17:31 »
can you say.......MINE!

Skoda Rapid Spaceback

Offline ashw831

• I live here
Re: 400bhp? ...........just got a sh!t load closer....pg4
« Reply #39 on: 02 April 2010, 18:59 »
i saw o that on edition and if only i had that ammount of money! congratulations matey that has had some PROPER work done to it!!! GOOD LUCK!!
Does it just need wiring loom and will fall in?