Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 151160 times)

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Re: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR
« Reply #560 on: 29 October 2012, 13:58 »
Looking really sweet dude! I look forward to more progress reports :)

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
« Reply #561 on: 30 October 2012, 17:57 »
Going to be sweat as when finished :cool:

mm sweat

looks awesome already, niiicce

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #562 on: 30 October 2012, 21:22 »
love the colour!! makes me want a mk2!!

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #563 on: 31 October 2012, 22:09 »
Cheers guys.

I got a set of Luke Harnesses just to match my name. No real other reason to be honest haha. Unfortunately one set doesn't match the other so Im going to just use the nicer set on the drivers side for me, and I already have an unbranded set for the passenger side. The other ones I will either sell on (any one interested?) or keep them for my daily hack MX5.

The other idea was to have the word "b!tch" stiched into the other set for the b!tch seat....

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #564 on: 01 November 2012, 18:44 »
get 'b!tch' sewn in for sure dude!  :tongue:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #565 on: 01 November 2012, 21:58 »
DO IT!

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #566 on: 05 November 2012, 21:31 »
Had a bit of a red day today.

Took a halfords scratch repair to the car.... Only on the inside of the doors though. Pretty impressed with Halford colour match though. Its pretty much exact.

Then I did this.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #567 on: 17 November 2012, 16:28 »
Instadribble update

Untitled by luke.pappin, on Flickr

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #568 on: 17 November 2012, 19:39 »
One word - Awesome.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #569 on: 04 December 2012, 17:46 »
Cheers mate :)

So spent a couple more hours down with the car over the past few weeks.

Some of you might follow me on instagram (@l_pappin   shameless plug) and know that I have pulled out all my VDO guages since they will not work with my new interior. I had left the high pressure sender out as I had sold the whole lot to a friend and left the car under the impression that it will not get started until I come back to it with a sensor to replace it. Yeah right... Since I share a garage, one of the guys started it up to move it, and it absloutley shat its pants! Luckily one of the guys spotted something was up and turn the car off (I am told) within 20 seconds.

Any way, many hours of cleaning the engine bay from absolute engine oil carnage its all clean again! I had to drop the sump off any way to fix a small oil leak with the charger oil return so saw it as a good opertunity to see if anything was amiss from inside. It only had 0.5 liters of oil, if not less left in the sump when I emptied it.... not good!

Luckily, I fixed the small return leak and filled her back up and everything was fine. So relieved!

So, from there, I bled the brakesup and took her for a quick spin round the block. I Forgot how fast she is!

Any way, noticeable issues with throttle when coming off the power so I got my old snapon back out and started with the diagnostics with everything up in the air.

_MG_6459 by luke.pappin, on Flickr

I got on the phone with United motorsport who have done my software and explained how it was still running rich. The  lambda regulation was reading anywhere between -20 to -10%. For it to run right it needs to be within -5% to 0%. Matt suggested that he is almost certain the MAF is seeing turbulence from the recirc valve. He suggested blocking up both the recirc and where it would vent back into the inlet and this would test if this is the issue.  Sure enough, bith both blocked up, o2 regulation drops straight to 0% and all it no longer runs rich. Hurruh!!!!..... or maybe not...

That basically means that MAF NEEDS to be moved else where and far away from the charger!

So.. Out came a little bit of flexy pipe work and I got mocking up.

_MG_6458 by luke.pappin, on Flickr

Il be buying some ultra flexy piping (at £27 per meter!...and I need 2 meters!) and will be running it from one side, all across to the other side and will be tucking the MAF and filter in the other wheel arch. Hopefully this will solve all my fueling issues and I can then just concentrate on getting it on the road! 

Also got my trial sub-frame back from my fabricator friend for my seats. All is well apart from they sit a little high. So a little more adjustment and I can get a second one made up. If any one has any condition passenger NON TILT sub frame and or seat for sale please let me know! The cheaper the better.

IMG_6455 by luke.pappin, on Flickr