Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 151154 times)

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Re: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR
« Reply #530 on: 20 May 2012, 16:36 »
Its been an age since I last had a look through this thread, gotta say I'm loving the work mate! Hope it stays running right now buddy :)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #531 on: 20 May 2012, 17:37 »
Thanks, yep had another coil pack on it from a working motor. no difference. It can't be anything else other than a faulty ecu/main ground or a faulty live to ecu. If its not that, another part of the loom is grounding somewhere. Its running fine now, so until it dies again, I can't really fault find! 

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #532 on: 20 May 2012, 19:33 »
Ah that's a bastard then!

Not a dodgy crank sensor or wiring or anything?

Hopefully it will do it again when you don't need the car and are at home so you can find it easy for peace of mind!

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #533 on: 20 May 2012, 19:38 »
Gd work as usual luke. Too bad about the intermitant problem. Itll be dead simple when u find it though. As the case normally is

Offline chippy3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #534 on: 21 May 2012, 00:46 »
saw your car in hayes this evening, was looking wicked! didnt get a chance to stop by and have a chat!

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #535 on: 28 May 2012, 14:48 »
Thanks bud. Was pretty hectic wasn't it?

So....on Saturday my wheel decided to front left wheel decided to fall off at 50MPH. I forgot to take photo's whilst on the side of the road, but rest assured, its pretty grim sliding down the road on 3 wheels. Since wheel bolts don't just come loose, I can only think some one has been trying to get at my wheels. Realised that its fairly alarmed or have been scared off and left the bolts loose. Pretty thankfull It was only 50 MPH since I was doing a good 80 maybe 30 seconds before.

What is kind of more scary was a friend in the back said to me "I hope you dont get a blow out". No more than 15 seconds later all hell broke loose. Pretty sure he knows black magic haha! Everyone was fine though so thats the main thing.

Spacer got munch up when the wheel fell off the hub

Said spacer must have got caught between the wheel and caliper when it broke free

Can't see it too well, but there's a small hairline crack from the bolt hole to the center bore.

Never a dull moment

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #536 on: 28 May 2012, 20:42 »
Not good mate I'd of sh!t myself
Just plain dubbin

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #537 on: 11 June 2012, 12:28 »
I did somewhat haha.

Safe to safe I am now not spending any cash on this thing for the rest of the season. I'm literally keeping it going and thats all. So if you see me at any shows, please excuse its state  :grin:

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #538 on: 12 June 2012, 12:34 »
Frick on a stick! Security bolts ftw
Good you're ok.

Exciting times, I've been a passenger in a tripod too.

It's then that you find out adrenalin is brown. :grin:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #539 on: 18 June 2012, 12:13 »
The wheels have security bolts. Maybe they undone the bolts and realised they couldn't get the last one off and left it? Obviously only one bolt isnt going to keep the wheel on.