+3
Guys
Thanks for all the replies. You're right I was bound to get the full range!!
There's no point in talking about the 16v badges really but I bought the car from the original owners and they were as honest as you get. Why would they have lied to me? It does have a bee sting and a glove box badge. Admittedly with my not being the original owner people may be less likely to believe me in a few years, but to me it's part of the history. Plus I like the way that flash of red compliments the body colour

Misbuilds are still common even now.
I have had far quicker cars than the Mk2 (including the Corrado VR6 I wished I'd never sold

) but that's not what it's all about for me either. A 16v would have cost me a lot more and it'd still be a lot slower than anything I've owned in the last 11 years.
Love the car, love the shape, love the looks I get / kudos, loads of character, love the color.
I'm going to go with the 16v springs and alloys for now.
I'll try and take some pics at the weekend when I've cleaned it. Promised you wont laugh at my 14 inch steelies

I'd love to get some heated mirrors - is that an easy one?
Cheers
Paul