Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112315 times)

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #490 on: 04 March 2010, 10:23 »
Spooner

you ordered on 7 August?!?! :angry: :sick: :angry: :sick:

I ordered at start of December and I'm told that the car is (was yesterday) at checkpoint 4 (paint stage)  -  has your dealer been stringing you along and changing the story every month?

No, not at all.  Initially I was told at least a 12-16 week wait for my car when I ordered.  The guy I've been dealing with has been great and I feel that i've had nothing but top form from him and Caffyns (the dealership.)  My car went from BW46, to BW45, BW51 and then to BW07.  I've known more about the delays than he has through reading various places on the internet, and i've made a point of telling him.  I'm getting agitated at the moment as I know that I'm so close to getting my hands on my motor.

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline James Gould

• I live here
« Reply #491 on: 04 March 2010, 10:40 »
why has your BW been put back so many times?

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #492 on: 04 March 2010, 11:34 »
I think the fact that the August orders thread has 50pages says it all really!! pull your finger out VW!!

hardly ever seen any mk6 gti's around :sad:

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #493 on: 04 March 2010, 11:41 »
why has your BW been put back so many times?

Thats the $50 million question really, and I'm sure that everyone in this thread would like to know the answer to that one.

My suspicion is that VW Germany have been hanging it out due to the crappy Pound to Euro exchange rate, with a vain hope that the rates would pick up.  Today, the Euro is just 1 pound to 1.06 Euro's.  The continental market is going to be reaping them a lot more monies than the UK market.

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline James Gould

• I live here
« Reply #494 on: 04 March 2010, 11:45 »
at the moment, Golf Gti Mark VI's are as rare on the road as Ferraris and Lambos (Ferraris and Lambos, by the way, are rare in Newcastle)

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #495 on: 04 March 2010, 11:53 »
I've seen a grand total of just 6 Mk6 GTI's.  Including 2 of those being at my dealers!

TDI's seem popular, I've seen a shed load of them.  Including my dad's, who traded up his BMW a couple of months ago for an ex-demo jobbie in black.  It's a nice car with loads of extras on it including sunroof, DSG and cruise.  So at least i've got some idea as to what I can expect on mine.

Still, I WANT MY FECKING CAR VW!!!!

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #496 on: 04 March 2010, 11:57 »
I was travelling down the A1 yesterday and passed 6 full car transports, almost very car was a mk6 Golf, several GTD's and GTI's. That has got to be good.......I'm not expecting mine until mid April....
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline Awry

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #497 on: 04 March 2010, 12:02 »
I haven't seen a single mk6 GTI except for the one displayed at the dealer.  :grin:
Reflex Silver MK6 GTI 3-door DSG, DCC, Sunroof, 18" Detroit, Xenons, LED tail lights, RCD 510, Dynaudio, Media-in, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Winter Pack.

Added Milltek 3" Race exhaust and H&R suspension.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #498 on: 04 March 2010, 12:16 »
I was travelling down the A1 yesterday and passed 6 full car transports, almost very car was a mk6 Golf, several GTD's and GTI's. That has got to be good.......I'm not expecting mine until mid April....

Were any of those transports heading south?  Perhaps a Deep Black Pearl one onboard with a sunroof and 18" monza's?   :tongue:

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #499 on: 04 March 2010, 12:21 »
Yeah, they were all heading south..

All the Golf's had a white protective polyfilm on the roofs but there were several black cars, only a couple with 18's.
Who know's, might just be......good luck...
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......