You should be fine, Paul.
With one caveat.
That the shaft's been out of the hub before.
It seems that the 5-stud cars had the shafts basically glued into the hub. Danny and I have stripped two 5-stud cars where we've needed to beat the end of the CV with a sledgehammer many times before the little cocksucker would actually let go.
If it IS still glued, you will need access to a GOOD press and have the hub and assembly off to push out the shaft - they're that well in there.
You know the trick with the jack and trackrod end? Remove nut, take weight with the jack on the end of the clear thread, then belt the outside of the arm - the shock under tension releases the track rod end without all the shag and hassle normally associated with these joints.
If you want a spare set of shafts I have a pair on the shelf here - could do with unloading them prior to moving back to the IOW. Want a spare gearbox, too? Both are in Filton and will be cheap cheap... I have a set of complete 288mm uprights, too.....