Author Topic: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?  (Read 9006 times)

Offline chrisj

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 263
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #10 on: 15 August 2009, 21:59 »
I originally bought my first one when my son was born as a family car and i've had another two since.Most reliable cars i've had and never looked back


Jesus, what else have you owned?  :grin: :laugh: :lipsrsealed: :rolleyes: :shocked: :tongue: :undecided: :evil: :nerd: :smug: :drool: :embarassed: :sick:

I've been lucky with them. in between the golfs i've had two clio 172's and an escort gti(don't ask).
R Tech stage 1 AUM, Pipercross panel filter, forge 007p, Santa Monica's,Lowered 35mm Jamex Shocks and springs, Milltek Exhaust, mk5 rear wiper

Offline Grand Master Patch

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,108
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #11 on: 15 August 2009, 22:01 »
I bought mine because my corrado was old and slow,G60's are over rated



Offline Wurzel

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 453
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #12 on: 15 August 2009, 22:01 »
I originally bought my first one when my son was born as a family car and i've had another two since.Most reliable cars i've had and never looked back


Jesus, what else have you owned?  :grin: :laugh: :lipsrsealed: :rolleyes: :shocked: :tongue: :undecided: :evil: :nerd: :smug: :drool: :embarassed: :sick:

I've been lucky with them. in between the golfs i've had two clio 172's and an escort gti(don't ask).

That explains it then.

My mk4 has been the biggest pain in the ass I've had, but I did buy a bit of a turkey against my instincts.
1999 mk4 1.8 n/a AGN Silver Grey
***Looking for one 16 inch wheel, Montreal 2*** and a rear parcel shelf (without speaker holes!)

Offline northeast_gti-t

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,554
  • "1.8T AGU"
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #13 on: 15 August 2009, 22:02 »
I bought mine because i had heard that the GTdi's were really good (hope steve and rhys see this  :rolleyes:) and got the 1.8Turbo  :grin: liked the shape of the mkiv and how stylish and well built the interior was also renowned vw build quality had always wanted a GTi and decided after first look etc at the one i went to see that i had to have it and the rest is history  :grin:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline Wurzel

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 453
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #14 on: 15 August 2009, 22:02 »
I bought mine because my corrado was old and slow,G60's are over rated




I hope you're joking. I'd love a Corrado instead of my mk4. I wouldnt have those wheels on it though, the tyres are too low profile for my liking.
1999 mk4 1.8 n/a AGN Silver Grey
***Looking for one 16 inch wheel, Montreal 2*** and a rear parcel shelf (without speaker holes!)

Offline Grand Master Patch

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,108
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #15 on: 15 August 2009, 22:08 »
I'm not joking mate,i had a stage4 charger by Jabba and ran a smaller pulley aswell as chipped,still slow.Nothing but trouble,and very very noisy.

Offline Wurzel

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 453
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #16 on: 15 August 2009, 22:14 »
I'm not joking mate,i had a stage4 charger by Jabba and ran a smaller pulley aswell as chipped,still slow.Nothing but trouble,and very very noisy.
Noisy because of the mods? If I had a G60 I wouldnt mod it.
1999 mk4 1.8 n/a AGN Silver Grey
***Looking for one 16 inch wheel, Montreal 2*** and a rear parcel shelf (without speaker holes!)

Offline Steve_PD

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,119
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #17 on: 15 August 2009, 22:17 »
I bought mine because i had heard that the GTdi's were really good (hope steve and rhys see this  :rolleyes:) and got the 1.8Turbo  :grin: liked the shape of the mkiv and how stylish and well built the interior was also renowned vw build quality had always wanted a GTi and decided after first look etc at the one i went to see that i had to have it and the rest is history  :grin:

Should have bought the diesel  :wink:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Grand Master Patch

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,108
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #18 on: 15 August 2009, 22:42 »
I'm not joking mate,i had a stage4 charger by Jabba and ran a smaller pulley aswell as chipped,still slow.Nothing but trouble,and very very noisy.
Noisy because of the mods? If I had a G60 I wouldnt mod it.

Why not?

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #19 on: 15 August 2009, 22:44 »
There was nothing better around for the price I wanted to pay.  Plus the look nice, and are fun to drive  :smiley: