Author Topic: Camshaft upgrade for EX engine - mk2 GTI camshaft?  (Read 2404 times)

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Camshaft upgrade for EX engine - mk2 GTI camshaft?
« on: 12 August 2009, 22:03 »
Complete noob question (im sorry) but i searched and found nothing which could confirm the following:

is the camshaft in an 'EX' engine (carbed 1.8 as used in my mk2 scirocco and iirc mk2 golf drivers) the same as one fitted to a mk2 golf GTI engine?

would, for arguments sake, a camshaft from a PB or DX engine give a performance increase over the camshaft fitted in my rocco?

the rocco goes like stink for its puny 90hp anyway, but was just wondering  :smiley:


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Camshaft upgrade for EX engine - mk2 GTI camshaft?
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2009, 00:04 »
Yes will give a small gain.

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: Camshaft upgrade for EX engine - mk2 GTI camshaft?
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2009, 20:32 »
Yes will give a small gain.

so a mk2 gti cam has a higher lift or longer duration than the one in my EX engine?


I don't think a semi will give the same results