Author Topic: Tyres  (Read 25152 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: Tyres
« Reply #10 on: 04 August 2009, 07:46 »
they have had very good reviews from people who have had them on their mk5's. did very well in the evo tyre test also.

Offline Gene Hunt.

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 04 August 2009, 09:09 »
Try www.mytyres.co.uk & have a look at the vredestein sessanta.

ok and?

they seem kinda cheap... at 90 odd quid, look ok, but hows the drive?

I've not heard of this brand before, are they supposed to be any good?.........i got 4 about 5 weeks ago for my edition 30 alloys & for the money they are great,grip well in the wet & are perfect in the dry.And as other posts have done very well in test's.

Candy White ED35.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 04 August 2009, 13:29 »
Hi all, I have the Continental Sport Contact 3s... road noise rather loud but no problems with the grip on dry or very wet. Seems fine, feel like the car is planted at speeds up to 120 - 130 km/h... And I have included a picture of it below. Sorry for it being dirty... Will do a thorough cleaning this weekend.

GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 07 August 2009, 17:59 »
Saw mine today, It arrived at dealers this morning. Ive been mugged off with the dunlops lol, Raised a point and basically salesmen told me he carn't do anything with them as they are used tyres And carn't take them back.... I went on to say I aint even driven the car...

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #14 on: 15 August 2009, 16:42 »
I've ended up with the Dunlops, they don't feel bad in comparison to the Pirellis on the Scirocco.

Pirellis are both extremely shyte and very dangerous.  I had P-Zero Rossos as factory fit on my RS4 - and had to ditch them after 4k miles.  They really are lethal.  Many other RS4 owners complained about them too.
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #15 on: 16 August 2009, 10:31 »
I've ended up with the Dunlops, they don't feel bad in comparison to the Pirellis on the Scirocco.

Pirellis are both extremely shyte and very dangerous.  I had P-Zero Rossos as factory fit on my RS4 - and had to ditch them after 4k miles.  They really are lethal.  Many other RS4 owners complained about them too.

thats a pretty broad statement.  which pirellis in particular are you referring to?  Golf put out a special edition for goodness sake!

edit:  i'm clearly pretty sleepy this morning!

« Last Edit: 16 August 2009, 10:47 by keelaw »
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 16 August 2009, 10:36 »
I had P Zero Rosso's on my Scirocco and my A4 and they were good tyres if a bit soft so wear quite quickly.  I have the Dunlops on the golf and despite the criticisms of them I can't fault them at all.

Offline Wurzel

• Here all the time
1999 mk4 1.8 n/a AGN Silver Grey
***Looking for one 16 inch wheel, Montreal 2*** and a rear parcel shelf (without speaker holes!)

Offline hutch924

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 16 August 2009, 11:16 »
That was the same with the MK5 - just luck of the draw.

If anyone ends up with the dunlops - bin them or insist the dealer changes them.  They are shyte. :sick:

i would not agree with that mate i had the dunlop sport maxx sp on my nurburgring astra and they seemed top notch
Sad that i have not got my Astra VXR Nurburgring anymore but well happy with my Mk6 GTi, much better car

Offline Wurzel

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 16 August 2009, 11:27 »
Which? Magazine test results:

Michelin Pilot Sport PS 2 - 73% (Class leader for dry braking and dry handling)

Continental SportContact 3 - 70% (Class leader for dry braking and dry handling)

Bridgestone Potenza RE050 A - 68% (Class leader for dry braking and dry handling)

BFGoodrich G-Force Profiler - 68% (Pros: Class leader for dry braking and dry handling; Cons: Slightly noisier than others in this size. Hard to find)

They're all actually very close. I dont think it's worth worrying about.
« Last Edit: 16 August 2009, 12:09 by Wurzel »
1999 mk4 1.8 n/a AGN Silver Grey
***Looking for one 16 inch wheel, Montreal 2*** and a rear parcel shelf (without speaker holes!)