Author Topic: have you tryed  (Read 775 times)

Offline samco-jack

• Not said much yet
have you tryed
« on: 08 August 2004, 17:02 »
Hello buddies have you ever tried those FK POWER ROHR INDUCTION PIPES.what are they like ,do they help with sucking air in?i don't want any thing to loud conspicuos.Also what make of pannal filter any recomendations i usally go for PIPERCROSS but don't want all the hassal of spraying them.Thanks a lot

golfvr6

Re:have you tryed
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2004, 17:15 »
Power rohr pipes don't do anything, just for looks.
I've always used K&N's, and been totally happy with them.

Offline 8valvesgood

• GTI forum regular
Re:have you tryed
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2004, 21:16 »
power roars are claimed to help draw in cooler air by replacing the standard plastic intake with a metal version and this is turn creating a apparent small induction. The claims it makes of bhp and induction is utter tosh, it does nothing but look good, you can make one your self for more than half the cost.

if you change your filter for a sports one will change the noise, your exhaust system will change the noise, if you drill holes into the filterbox this will give an induction noise as more air is forced through a larger area, not to everyones taste. you change a filter every 50,000 miles on normal conditions aint that much of a hassle. british weather dont bring shed loads of dust into the filters.

You can't polish a turd