Author Topic: throttle body  (Read 1632 times)

Offline oliver07

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,110
  • golf gti T 200BHP
throttle body
« on: 14 May 2009, 17:57 »
please can you advise how to clean this on my vr6 any pics tried the search but no real info only a mk4 thanks

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: throttle body
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2009, 18:05 »
toothbrush and carb cleaner. Just clean it till its shiny.

Offline oliver07

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,110
  • golf gti T 200BHP
Re: throttle body
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2009, 18:27 »
any pics of this part sorry :embarassed:but not sure where it is

Offline shepgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,893
Re: throttle body
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2009, 18:29 »
attached to the air intake pipe opposite end to the airbox... at least it is on a gti  :undecided:

Offline oliver07

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,110
  • golf gti T 200BHP
Re: throttle body
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2009, 18:35 »
thanks for that

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: throttle body
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2009, 19:37 »
i just did mine with a bit of cloth, works well:)

Offline xxstaggyxx

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 46
Re: throttle body
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2009, 20:51 »
same i clean mine with a clean rag and it comes up nice and shiny

Offline oliver07

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,110
  • golf gti T 200BHP
Re: throttle body
« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2009, 06:50 »
thanks for all your help cleaned the inside of the throttle bodt ie the part that fixes onto the air box what about the other side of the throttle body do i have to clean this and how thanks

Offline gazpowells

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 737
Re: throttle body
« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2009, 08:51 »
You should remove the throttle body mate and clean both side until shiny clean  :smiley:

Offline oliver07

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,110
  • golf gti T 200BHP
Re: throttle body
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2009, 18:24 »
hi is this a simple bolt off bolt on procedure  also any idea where to get a ENGINE INLET NON RETURN VALVE  as mine is broken would this have affected the performance thanks