Author Topic: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Richard Andrews

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 60
My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
« on: 14 May 2009, 14:51 »
Woke up this morning and noticed the car has been sick? See picture. These 3 pipes run underneath the car under the drivers side. I pulled out the black sponge and a cup full of fluid gushed out. The pipes go into a void that i cannot seem to get to and don't want to pull out the seat and lift the carpet if thats not where they go!

WTF?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6901431&l=c78c8f4901&id=626345034

« Last Edit: 14 May 2009, 15:10 by Richard Andrews »
1996 3d VR6 BLACK HIGHLINE.

Offline Horney

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,782
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2009, 14:52 »
No pic!

Nick

Offline Richard Andrews

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 60
Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2009, 14:53 »
Oh dear, I think Iam sick now! How do I attach a pic?
« Last Edit: 14 May 2009, 14:54 by Richard Andrews »
1996 3d VR6 BLACK HIGHLINE.

Offline Horney

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,782
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2009, 14:59 »
you need to use IMG tags either end.

Nick

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2009, 15:09 »
I believe that will be fuel or brake fluid.

Offline Richard Andrews

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 60
1996 3d VR6 BLACK HIGHLINE.

Offline Horney

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,782
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2009, 15:30 »
No idea from that pic I'm afraid. What's the fluid like? Think or thin? I guess you know what petrol smells like so it's probably not that. My guess would be PAS fluid.

Nick

Offline Richard Andrews

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 60
Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2009, 15:37 »
Do you know what each pipe carries? The fluid was dry on the driveway so I have no idea what it was or which of the 3 pipes it has leaked from. Just think it is a strange place for it to leak and I cannot figure out how I trace the pipes forward as they go through that tunnel!
1996 3d VR6 BLACK HIGHLINE.

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
« Reply #8 on: 14 May 2009, 15:40 »
I believe fuel return is the blue one.

Offline axewielder

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 935
  • 95 dragon 8v
Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2009, 15:50 »
sounds like fuel send+ return+ possibly the vapour vent but i thought that was smaller dia