Author Topic: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed  (Read 3985 times)

Offline funkyfive

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2009, 20:22 »
I have a straight through powerflow custom one.

Benifits are:

Its custom made so it goes high over the axel, lowered it 100mm and it didnt bang.
Lifetime garantee, they will always fix it for free if it leaks etc
Good workmanship at the dealer i used (ipswich)
Sounds amazing

Bad points:

Drones at 70mph due to their being no middle box's and silencers
Cost £300
Has a hole where i parked it onto a curb and i cba to go get it fixed for FREE.

Hope that helps.

I got quoted £180 + Vat for a full system with twin 3inch oval pipes at the Croydon Branch in Surrey!

What bore size is it though? And what grade of steel are they using?

Sounds like a cheap job to me, and probably be rushed and made to a poor standard.

Wouldnt do it, £300-£400 is a going price for a GOOD custom exhaust.

Cheers for that I will email them tomorrow and update.

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2009, 21:32 »
Reason i say this is that i have heard of bad powerflow dealers. As powerflow give the machinery to dealers at a price.

Dont mean they are good with the kit. The one i used specialise in modding cars etc, and take it seriously.

Have heard and seen pics of cheap powerflow jobs, with welds and joins that are probably worse than a standard exhaust.

Offline funkyfive

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 595

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R

Offline funkyfive

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #14 on: 11 May 2009, 13:20 »
have you looked here?

http://www.venommotorsport.com/shop_category.php?category=exhaust

The website is great i am liking the Supersport Exhausts with EV_S tail, price is fantastic.

Does any one have a supersport exhaust as they seem popular in Germany.

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #15 on: 11 May 2009, 13:26 »
Are you going to fit it yourself? I would recomend getting it dont properly so that it hangs right. I fitted a back box once, and it hung wrong. Hard on a mk3 cus of the axel.

Offline funkyfive

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #16 on: 11 May 2009, 14:36 »
Are you going to fit it yourself? I would recomend getting it dont properly so that it hangs right. I fitted a back box once, and it hung wrong. Hard on a mk3 cus of the axel.

I will properly get it done by a mate at kwik fit, if not i will have to do it myself.

Offline funkyfive

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #17 on: 11 May 2009, 18:25 »
I have a straight through powerflow custom one.

Benifits are:

Its custom made so it goes high over the axel, lowered it 100mm and it didnt bang.
Lifetime garantee, they will always fix it for free if it leaks etc
Good workmanship at the dealer i used (ipswich)
Sounds amazing

Bad points:

Drones at 70mph due to their being no middle box's and silencers
Cost £300
Has a hole where i parked it onto a curb and i cba to go get it fixed for FREE.

Hope that helps.

I got quoted £180 + Vat for a full system with twin 3inch oval pipes at the Croydon Branch in Surrey!

What bore size is it though? And what grade of steel are they using?

Sounds like a cheap job to me, and probably be rushed and made to a poor standard.

Wouldnt do it, £300-£400 is a going price for a GOOD custom exhaust.

No feedback from Powerflow decided to sack it and look at Jetex or Supersport Exhausts.

Offline funkyfive

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #18 on: 12 May 2009, 10:46 »
Done my research and decided on the Jetex with 80mm twin pipes on the back (have read in loads of other forums that this is the one to go for as sounds great and does not drone to bad on the motorway, not sure on a full system or just a backbox. It also looks like Mild Steel as well for me as its cheaper.

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #19 on: 12 May 2009, 11:02 »
Done my research and decided on the Jetex with 80mm twin pipes on the back (have read in loads of other forums that this is the one to go for as sounds great and does not drone to bad on the motorway, not sure on a full system or just a backbox. It also looks like Mild Steel as well for me as its cheaper.

Nice one, should be good. Heard good things about them. When you getting it fitted then? Want to see pics!! lol