Author Topic: getting hottuning coilovers but what bushes to use? (powerflex)  (Read 4237 times)

Offline sharki786

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,705
  • GOT BOOST??
Hi all,

going to be getting some hottuning coilovers this week hopefully, but ive heard on this website that i will need to replace the bushes with powerflex bushes for vr6 to last longer or something else??? I have a golf gti mk3 8v anniversary, which bushes do i need to replace?
Gsf dont do the powerflex as i have just rang then. the guy i spoke to also said that its best to replace the bottom bushes on the rears??? Just need to confirm this before going ahead.

Thanks in advance.

Sharki   :wink:
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
I would replace all the top mounts but the bushes should be fine.

Offline Adam

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,194
Yuo will need to replace the front top mounts with a set off a VR6. When I did mine I bought them from HERE, Next day delivery. 

You can replace the bottom bushes on the rear but they don't normaly go.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline sharki786

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,705
  • GOT BOOST??
so just the front top mounts nothing else? wa about the rear top mounts and the bump stops? its just that im doing this for the 1st time so all help is needed and my uncle & me will be fitting them in on the weekend. much apreciated! thats made me happy now

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
I would fit new rear top mounts as well.

Offline shepgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,893
just buy new top mounts and be done with it, dont HAVE to buy vr6 ones.

Offline sharki786

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,705
  • GOT BOOST??
wicked shep are ther any other coilovers that i could get for say £250? and where from?

thanks
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline shepgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,893
well i would say no because i dont see the point of throwing extra money at a car that isnt really worth much,but thats just me.. :undecided:


Offline sharki786

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,705
  • GOT BOOST??
well i would say no because i dont see the point of throwing extra money at a car that isnt really worth much,but thats just me.. :undecided:

well i do like to have a decent ride quality n that but thers mixed comments about these hot tuning coilovers. so im jus stuck in middle i will be taking them of it i do sell my car n stick the standards bk in n then i myt be going for a vr6 just tryin 2get to low premiums then i can go for the vr im 24 atm in 2wks im going to be 25 but i want to keep this car for sometime.

& thank you for your help anyway and thanks to wayne for leading me in the right direction!

Top fellas!
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****