Author Topic: Just spent £790 on my gti  (Read 2718 times)

Offline alexus1981

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Just spent £790 on my gti
« on: 29 April 2009, 21:26 »
I know what you'll all be thinking reading that ''wow what amazing mods has he done to his car?!'' but no, i'm afraid its not quite that exciting. It was time for a good service for my colour concept (10k since last one) and unfortunately it was due a big one. Also, I’d bought a Jamex Sportline suspension kit (springs and dampers) and had originally intended to fit them myself but after reading many posts from folks on here who’ve had problems with kits they’ve fitted themselves I decided to let the big boys do it properly. So I booked it in to my local VW specialist and got it back a week later after some serious pampering.

Labour:
Carry out lubrication and inspection service with additional 20,000 mile operation.
Fit new spark plugs, air and pollen filters.
Fit new nearside front and rear brake hoses.
Manufacture and fit new o/side rear brake pipe.
Fit new front strut top mountings and bearings.
Fit new shock absorbers and springs.
Set suspension geometry/camber/tracking.
Service oil breather piping.
MOT test.

All-in including the suspension and 6 months tax I spent £790 in one week. Seems like a lot I know but it is running so sweet I can’t actually believe it! Only downside is that I’ve been doing loads of miles lately and it’s just clocked on to 87k, not long till the next service at this rate. All I need now is to get the passenger heated seat working and the car will be mint.

Anyone spent more on their beloved Gti lately??
yOuR mUm...

Offline Martz

  • Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,269
Re: Just spent £790 on my gti
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2009, 21:29 »
nope........................................ it's a MK2. :D

But spent 1200 on my rallye before she went. all adds up!

Offline AudiA8Quattro

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,777
Re: Just spent £790 on my gti
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2009, 21:32 »
Paying garage labour does get to silly money, especially in the south-east....
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline alexus1981

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Re: Just spent £790 on my gti
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2009, 21:51 »
Paying garage labour does get to silly money, especially in the south-east....
yeah i bet. God knows how much it would have cost if i was down south! I was charged for 7 hours labour but it actually took 12. The guys who own the garage are friends of friends, you know how it is.
yOuR mUm...

Offline VR6-Joe

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,638
Re: Just spent £790 on my gti
« Reply #4 on: 29 April 2009, 22:27 »
Coulda bought another Mk3 with that :grin:
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Just spent £790 on my gti
« Reply #5 on: 29 April 2009, 23:16 »
Week monday im spending £900 in the spray shop, although ive added having a door sil cut out, so maybe over a K now

Offline DrewGTI

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 750
Re: Just spent £790 on my gti
« Reply #6 on: 29 April 2009, 23:50 »
Wow! how much! ! !


i'm sure most of that list is meant to sound good so it seems your getting something for your money!!


"Good afternoon. . i've Carried out lubrication and inspection service with additional 20,000 mile operation, and Manufactured and fit new o/side rear brake pipe."


"wow, that great gonna be so much better"



"fook knows"    :grin: :grin:






Wow. . how much mikester??? price of your car and a grand seen some nice mk3 16v an VR6's

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Just spent £790 on my gti
« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2009, 00:13 »
You will be paying to get the camber and tracking set again in a few weeks once it settles down.

Offline Guy

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,116
Re: Just spent £790 on my gti
« Reply #8 on: 30 April 2009, 01:42 »
You will be paying to get the camber and tracking set again in a few weeks once it settles down.

good tip

op - does your car have a full service history as you could have done a lot that yourself?

Offline DubSociety

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 573
Re: Just spent £790 on my gti
« Reply #9 on: 30 April 2009, 02:43 »
Week monday im spending £900 in the spray shop, although ive added having a door sil cut out, so maybe over a K now

Is that for the whole motor? if so, thats a appealing price.