Author Topic: Wiring sidelights to indicators  (Read 14115 times)

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: Wiring sidelights to indicators
« Reply #10 on: 28 April 2009, 22:29 »
Joe, how big did you attatch sidelights to indicator case? did you use glue??

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Wiring sidelights to indicators
« Reply #11 on: 28 April 2009, 22:33 »
I personally wouldnt put orange bulbs in.

Dec had blue leds in his, and they look even siker ;)

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: Wiring sidelights to indicators
« Reply #12 on: 28 April 2009, 22:35 »
I personally wouldnt put orange bulbs in.

Dec had blue leds in his, and they look even siker ;)
aint the tint on the inside of the indicators orange anyway? Even if i stuck a white bulb it would shine orange wouldnt it?? Cos im either going for orange, or blue.

Offline VR6-Joe

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,638
Re: Wiring sidelights to indicators
« Reply #13 on: 28 April 2009, 23:01 »
I made the hole big enough for the sidelight bulb to push in (with a bit of force) but small enough for it not to fall out, and once it was pushed into the hole, that's where it stayed. Only problem I ever had was cheap connectors that kept wanting to fall off the end of the wires no matter how many times I 'crimped' them. Gave up in the end and used tape :grin:

Also, I forgot you're running standard clear indicators. I believe they do have an orange filter inside them so you'd be fine with just clear bulbs. My car had smoked indicators with no orange filter hence why I had to use orange bulbs.
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Wiring sidelights to indicators
« Reply #14 on: 28 April 2009, 23:14 »
Quick question is this not illegal.

Offline VR6-Joe

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,638
Re: Wiring sidelights to indicators
« Reply #15 on: 28 April 2009, 23:18 »
Perfectly legal. Indicators still flash the same, and are clearly visible.

Think about it, new Volvos have running lights.
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline uta_flyinghigh

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 179
  • Fly to live, live to fly
Re: Wiring sidelights to indicators
« Reply #16 on: 29 April 2009, 09:39 »
You mean like this Andres  :grin:



If you want I can check how the wiring is on mine.

UTA

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Wiring sidelights to indicators
« Reply #17 on: 29 April 2009, 11:27 »
dec must have the filters removed and orange indicator bulbs.

kells

  • Guest
Re: Wiring sidelights to indicators
« Reply #18 on: 29 April 2009, 12:38 »
mine are genuine annie indicators, no orange filters in mine

oh and i wouldnt have blue or orange, id just have white

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Wiring sidelights to indicators
« Reply #19 on: 29 April 2009, 12:46 »
Nongti Orange indicators FTW, thats what ive got in my new bumper. lol