Author Topic: again... does anyone know?  (Read 4396 times)

Offline boneybradley

  • Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 9,482
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #20 on: 28 April 2009, 22:46 »
t.b.h I would pay £700-800 if its really good....the gti shamefully isn't really worth any more than a non gti model!! I was looking at a non gti (as the wife is driving now!) and the prices were very similar!
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)



Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #21 on: 28 April 2009, 22:47 »
yeah i mean its £895 now

so i'll try drop him down a bit.
do you think 148,000 miles is slightly concerning?

Offline VR6-Joe

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,638
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #22 on: 28 April 2009, 23:05 »
I had a P reg 1.4 SE on 128k miles, which I paid 500 quid for, but to be fair it was a high spec model with lots of factory fitted extras.

I should be purchasing an N reg 1.6 CL at the weekend for 350 quid. 10 months mot and 5 months tax. Unsure of mileage but with that much tax and test I'm not fussed because it's just gunna be adaily hack.

I have a P reg 2.8 VR6 Highline sitting on my front garden which I'll be putting on the road in September time when my insurance drops to a sensible price. (Approx 1200 squid)

Btw I'm only 18 and not really finding insurance a problem. Just under 500 quid for the 1.6 CL.
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #23 on: 29 April 2009, 08:09 »
oh really?
well ive been quoted £1,998 for a 1.6GL mk3

rape on insurance

Offline AlanD

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 9,946
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #24 on: 29 April 2009, 12:42 »
Btw I'm only 18 and not really finding insurance a problem. Just under 500 quid for the 1.6 CL.

Sorry, I just refuse to believe that.

Offline beccasmk3gti

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 317
  • golf mk3 gti and a mk3 vr6 182bhp and 223nm
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #25 on: 30 April 2009, 00:14 »
I had a P reg 1.4 SE on 128k miles, which I paid 500 quid for, but to be fair it was a high spec model with lots of factory fitted extras.

I should be purchasing an N reg 1.6 CL at the weekend for 350 quid. 10 months mot and 5 months tax. Unsure of mileage but with that much tax and test I'm not fussed because it's just gunna be adaily hack.

I have a P reg 2.8 VR6 Highline sitting on my front garden which I'll be putting on the road in September time when my insurance drops to a sensible price. (Approx 1200 squid)

Btw I'm only 18 and not really finding insurance a problem. Just under 500 quid for the 1.6 CL.

mines £1300 on the vr6 for my insurance worth every many of that just for the fun cumming up to my last month so will have 2 years no claims soon n im 25 now so hoping its going to be a lot less now

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #26 on: 30 April 2009, 11:06 »
rip off these days isn't:)

dread to think what it'll be like if i got a vr6 baring in mind im 17

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #27 on: 30 April 2009, 11:14 »
rip off these days isn't:)

dread to think what it'll be like if i got a vr6 baring in mind im 17

Well I'm 20 with 1 NCB as of August, it'll cost me £1300 to insure a VR. :S

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #28 on: 30 April 2009, 11:16 »
just stupid isn't it lol:)

there rapid thoughh soo

Offline JC

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 13,393
  • Back in the North.
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #29 on: 30 April 2009, 11:17 »
Oh you have the 1.6, I thought you were on about the 1.8

The 1.6 GL's are actually quite rare!!

Sorry man but my 1.8 GL isn't gutless that's for sure.

you match ya car then tubby  :grin: :wink: