Author Topic: again... does anyone know?  (Read 4403 times)

Offline VR6-Joe

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,638
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #10 on: 28 April 2009, 22:13 »
I'd knock the seller down. I've been offered one with 50,000 less miles for 650 quid. Only problem is, it's 5dr :sick:
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #11 on: 28 April 2009, 22:15 »
oh really?
wheres this?
not a bad deal ay

Offline DrewGTI

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 750
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #12 on: 28 April 2009, 22:26 »
full service history from new:)

erm £895


At £895 i'd look around for a Gti or is the insurance a prob?

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #13 on: 28 April 2009, 22:29 »
insurance is a prob yeah
as im only 17

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #14 on: 28 April 2009, 22:31 »
full service history from new:)

erm £895

I paid £990 for a mk3 8v, 1 lady owner, FVWSH with 100k on the clocks.

I could find a non gti mk3, better than that for £400 probably..... VR6JOE just got one for 350. lol

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #15 on: 28 April 2009, 22:33 »
oh really?
well the 1.6GL pretty much suits me
on insurance, may not be the fastest but its not too bad

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #16 on: 28 April 2009, 22:35 »
oh really?
well the 1.6GL pretty much suits me
on insurance, may not be the fastest but its not too bad

Not saying you shouldnt get the 1.6GL, just saying you can get a better deal price wise mate.

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #17 on: 28 April 2009, 22:36 »
with the same sort of insurance price?
cause i would prefer something with less then bloody 148,000 miles!
which is what it has, although it has full service history, from new.

Offline DrewGTI

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 750
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #18 on: 28 April 2009, 22:42 »
Seen alot of gti's here, auto trader and ebay for that price with less miles on it. . .

i know you want the car but wouldn't rush into anything mate. . not at that price anyway

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2009, 22:45 »
yeah i guess so mate.

so what sort of price you reckon i should be paying?