Author Topic: again... does anyone know?  (Read 4392 times)

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
again... does anyone know?
« on: 28 April 2009, 12:27 »
sorry for this again

but i cant find the 0-60 and top speed
of a mk3 GL (not cl) golf

anyone know the answers?

Offline VR6-Joe

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,638
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2009, 12:38 »
0-60: about 2 hours
Top speed: 65mph (downhill with the wind behind)

Seriously, my dad had one and it was gutless. A 1.2 Corsa was faster.

 :grin:
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2009, 12:41 »
oh really?

well the CL is 0-60 12ish and top speed 104
thats got 75bhp

the GL has 100bhp so im hoping its faster :drool:

Offline VR6-Joe

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,638
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2009, 12:45 »
Oh you have the 1.6, I thought you were on about the 1.8

The 1.6 GL's are actually quite rare!!
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2009, 12:53 »
Oh you have the 1.6, I thought you were on about the 1.8

The 1.6 GL's are actually quite rare!!

Sorry man but my 1.8 GL isn't gutless that's for sure.

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2009, 12:59 »
yeah its a 1.6 GL:)
hopefully picking it up later

done 148,000 miles though, not really a problem on a dub though is it?

Offline AlanD

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 9,946
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2009, 13:00 »
I wouldnt just assume that because its VW that it can last forever lol

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=101400.0

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2009, 13:01 »
yeah deffo
the same with any car isn't it really.

Offline DrewGTI

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 750
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #8 on: 28 April 2009, 17:10 »
148,000 i'd want a good service history!  :smiley:



how much too?

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: again... does anyone know?
« Reply #9 on: 28 April 2009, 22:09 »
full service history from new:)

erm £895