Poll

AM getting a lot of offers on my US parts, should I...

Sell the tailgate and bumpers and go Euro-look
0 (0%)
Spend more money and slam it
9 (60%)
Break the car and buy a Passat
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Guy

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,116
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #10 on: 28 April 2009, 13:03 »
Keep it as it is, seriously.

My Highline came with a Fischer CD holder, easily available off ebay, but I know they're quite rare so I refuse to sell mine. So many people get annoyed when I tell them it's not for sale

is that a cd holder/cup holder combined?

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #11 on: 28 April 2009, 13:13 »
Keep it as it is, seriously.

My Highline came with a Fischer CD holder, easily available off ebay, but I know they're quite rare so I refuse to sell mine. So many people get annoyed when I tell them it's not for sale

is that a cd holder/cup holder combined?

No it's just the CD holder chap. Don't think they made a combined one?

Offline uta_flyinghigh

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 179
  • Fly to live, live to fly
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #12 on: 28 April 2009, 13:17 »
Thanks for the input. I'm in SoCal and Mexico next week (cue the swine flu jokes), I may visit a JY and see if they have any VW's in there  :grin:

UTA

Offline Guy

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,116
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #13 on: 28 April 2009, 13:24 »
Keep it as it is, seriously.

My Highline came with a Fischer CD holder, easily available off ebay, but I know they're quite rare so I refuse to sell mine. So many people get annoyed when I tell them it's not for sale

is that a cd holder/cup holder combined?

No it's just the CD holder chap. Don't think they made a combined one?

cool - i just want the cup holder anyway... anyone know how to get hold of one in the UK?

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #14 on: 28 April 2009, 13:26 »
Keep it as it is, seriously.

My Highline came with a Fischer CD holder, easily available off ebay, but I know they're quite rare so I refuse to sell mine. So many people get annoyed when I tell them it's not for sale

is that a cd holder/cup holder combined?

No it's just the CD holder chap. Don't think they made a combined one?

cool - i just want the cup holder anyway... anyone know how to get hold of one in the UK?

+1 I bloody hate having to put my McDonalds coke in the door insert or the dashboard. I want something to actually HOLD it :)

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #15 on: 28 April 2009, 13:28 »
I know where to get these..... Will find the link....

Offline *tell*

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 587
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #16 on: 28 April 2009, 19:11 »
Spend more money and slam it!
 :nerd:

Offline shepgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,893
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #17 on: 28 April 2009, 19:31 »
break it :wink:

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #18 on: 28 April 2009, 22:26 »
Nah, dont break it. At the end of the day its only a few bits that make it different to a UK spec one.

Sell it whole, or not at all. But if your not into the show scene it might be enjoyed more by someone else.

I would buy it from you, at the right price. lol.

kells

  • Guest
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2009, 22:42 »
its a sh!tter, bloody get it broke and coin in on it...you will do well out of it this way.. its worth sod all as a whole even more so in LHD format