GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
Changing my bumper next week. New Hardware?
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: Changing my bumper next week. New Hardware? (Read 1002 times)
MowatGTI
I live here
Posts: 551
Changing my bumper next week. New Hardware?
«
on:
27 April 2009, 22:49 »
My bumper is cracked, so I'm changing it.
Got a replacement. Looks in good nick.
I've seen the thread in the maintenance section, so I know what to do.
Just wondering if the screws tend to be corroded on removal.
Might head up to the dealers and order some new bits tomorrow.
Just wondering what you guys recommend.
Cheers
Logged
Shady Pioneer
Serious forum addict
Posts: 8,669
graphic designer.
Re: Changing my bumper next week. New Hardware?
«
Reply #1 on:
27 April 2009, 22:51 »
What bumper? LOL!
Logged
DrewGTI
I live here
Posts: 750
Re: Changing my bumper next week. New Hardware?
«
Reply #2 on:
27 April 2009, 23:14 »
if you talking the front bumper. . easy! only ones i found tricky and that got a bit of a bash were the little plastic ones that hold it under your wheel arch.
Logged
MowatGTI
I live here
Posts: 551
Re: Changing my bumper next week. New Hardware?
«
Reply #3 on:
28 April 2009, 14:38 »
Yeah - sorry. Front bumper.
Cheers guys.
Chris
Logged
Wayne
Sir Postalot
Posts: 32,051
Re: Changing my bumper next week. New Hardware?
«
Reply #4 on:
28 April 2009, 15:04 »
Front bumper is easy, unclip the grill, pop out and disconnect the inds / fogs etc, remove the three top bolts, then look underneath the bumper and you will see another 5 remove them and the bumper slides fowards.
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
Changing my bumper next week. New Hardware?