Author Topic: Changing my bumper next week. New Hardware?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline MowatGTI

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 551
Changing my bumper next week. New Hardware?
« on: 27 April 2009, 22:49 »
My bumper is cracked, so I'm changing it.

Got a replacement.  Looks in good nick. 

I've seen the thread in the maintenance section, so I know what to do.

Just wondering if the screws tend to be corroded on removal.

Might head up to the dealers and order some new bits tomorrow.

Just wondering what you guys recommend.

Cheers

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: Changing my bumper next week. New Hardware?
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2009, 22:51 »
What bumper? LOL!

Offline DrewGTI

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 750
Re: Changing my bumper next week. New Hardware?
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2009, 23:14 »
if you talking the front bumper. . easy! only ones i found tricky and that got a bit of a bash were the little plastic ones that hold it under your wheel arch.

Offline MowatGTI

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 551
Re: Changing my bumper next week. New Hardware?
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2009, 14:38 »
Yeah - sorry.  Front bumper.

Cheers guys.

Chris

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Changing my bumper next week. New Hardware?
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2009, 15:04 »
Front bumper is easy, unclip the grill, pop out and disconnect the inds / fogs etc, remove the three top bolts, then look underneath the bumper and you will see another 5 remove them and the bumper slides fowards.