Author Topic: PAS belt slip - turning right in wet  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: PAS belt slip - turning right in wet
« Reply #10 on: 27 April 2009, 21:17 »
Takes me an hour to find some wood to drive onto, before i even get the jack out! lol

Offline shepgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,893
Re: PAS belt slip - turning right in wet
« Reply #11 on: 27 April 2009, 21:17 »
Just put a new belt on there only about £3 from GSF.

Only need to loosen 3 bolts, slide old belt off put new one on and tension and tighten up bolts. Half hour max including jacking your car up and washing your hands.

Paul

takes me 20 mins just to jack my car  :laugh:

I have a quick jack  :grin:

and a car with 4x4 status...

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: PAS belt slip - turning right in wet
« Reply #12 on: 27 April 2009, 21:19 »
ABF track car actually, so not 4x4, but by no means scene queen status  :evil:

Offline Paul86S2

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,376
Re: PAS belt slip - turning right in wet
« Reply #13 on: 27 April 2009, 21:54 »
Just put a new belt on there only about £3 from GSF.

Only need to loosen 3 bolts, slide old belt off put new one on and tension and tighten up bolts. Half hour max including jacking your car up and washing your hands.

Paul

takes me 20 mins just to jack my car  :laugh:

I have a quick jack  :grin:

and a car with 4x4 status...
I've got my home made wooden ramps in the back (made from my Mums old bannisters, shes still wondering where they are) to drive on before I can fit the jack under.
Could do with 4x4 status for the bumps over the Avonmouth bridge though.

Paul

Offline Vdubbster

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 540
Re: PAS belt slip - turning right in wet
« Reply #14 on: 27 April 2009, 21:55 »
Guy, I had same thing last year.

I put a new belt on and its much better. Although it has slipped once  :angry: need a splash guard