Author Topic: Crank position sensor??  (Read 2708 times)

Offline axewielder

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 935
  • 95 dragon 8v
Re: Crank position sensor??
« Reply #10 on: 29 April 2009, 11:46 »
Sorry what pins + are they both mega ohms or is the second just ohms+ were they the only 2 with a rading, sorry to keep on just want to be sure+ what engine?
Thanks for all the help
JOe

Offline cyberbod

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 12
Re: Crank position sensor??
« Reply #11 on: 29 April 2009, 13:12 »
Sorry about that, I rushed the message earlier.

I have a Mk III AGG 8V.

The readings were taken on pins two and three on the sensor with the following readings:

New: 17.14 Meg Ohms
Old: 17.84 Meg Ohms

I am having starting problems with my car at the moment which is why I bought a new speed sensor but I've not fitted it yet as I spent a hour on the weekend cleaning a load of Earth points. The problem seems to have gone away although I'm starting it every day to make sure. In the past, the problem has gone only to return again in the future.

I've also got my battery getting drained every couple of days so I need to go and identify whats causing that.

Offline axewielder

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 935
  • 95 dragon 8v
Re: Crank position sensor??
« Reply #12 on: 29 April 2009, 16:21 »
Thats realy helpful man, yeah the misses talked to local vw+ they said was comonly relays or bad earths, so mine has quite a bit more resistance but ill hope cleaning all the earths solves it, let me know how you get on with yours!!