Author Topic: What have you done to your Golf today?  (Read 605084 times)

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Golf today?
« Reply #5730 on: 16 June 2012, 16:57 »
Painted up the golf bonnet, ready to fit and polish tomorrow before its sold!

Offline Bandit127

• Here all the time
« Reply #5731 on: 16 June 2012, 17:54 »
Bought and fitted a battery clamp (+1 for the next MOT as the lack of one is now a fail).

Replaced the bottom starter bolt with one that had the stud and nut on (my old one snapped off). As a result my power steering pipe is bolted back on the engine where it belongs instead of swinging in the breeze.

An indicator bulb went during my travels so I blew some money on a set of Halfords QR bulbs for the indicators, brakes and sidelights. I expect it is wishful thinking but the QR bulbs do seem brighter (I think they are halogen or something).

Small steps, but all in the right direction.  :smiley:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #5732 on: 16 June 2012, 18:18 »
Replaced: Oil, oil filter, pollen filter & fuel filter. Cleaned my PiperX air filter. Looked at my engine bay and thought how dirty it is...Didn't do anything about it. Snapped the edge of my scuttle panel  :angry:

A productive days work even though trying to get the pollen filter in took as long as the rest put together!!!!!!!! :sad:

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #5733 on: 16 June 2012, 18:25 »
Fitted my front bumper and door handles to my freshly painted mk3.....then fitted a VR front spoiler the subsequently ripped it off putting the car back in the garage. All sorted now. Click the link under my sig for pics. Just uploading them just now.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #5734 on: 17 June 2012, 19:06 »
started off by scimming filler over the plastic weld. sanded it down got it all smooth. thenprimed the whole bumper. then painted it. then laquerd it. then watched as it fell off the table chipping all the laquer and paint also chipping a little bit of filler out and the bumper twisting causing the remaining filler to go all warped.

so im now  30 odd quid less well off that was spend on paint with a bumper that still looks f**ked.

car may not be ready for inters now  :cry: gonna ring a few body shops tomoro see what they can do. hopefully someone can get it in before friday.

any recomendations for cheep good fast places in the north east...

Offline rolty_gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5735 on: 18 June 2012, 13:16 »
After lunch I will be changing my rear brake discs and pads.picked up a wind back tool this morning.
Also while I'm in the garage gonna have a little look at the petrol cap release solenoid as I think mines buggered so will pop over to vw this afternoon to order up a new 1.
Still deciding on if I should sell it for a lower mileage mk4 gti t or just modify this 1????:undecided:
LCR Decor - Quality affordable home improvements, we also take on commercial work, www.lcr-decor.co.uk free quotes! essex/london/kent and surrounding areas. call lee-07984106950 e-mail-leerolt@lcr-decor.co.uk

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #5736 on: 18 June 2012, 21:37 »
Changed out my ISV made no bloody difference so tweeked the throttle screw instead trying to find a compromise between cold start and warm idle!  :undecided:

Offline jamesblonde

• GTI forum regular
  • VW Golf Mk4 Estate 1.6 16v Tornado Red
« Reply #5737 on: 19 June 2012, 08:52 »
Gonna wash and polish it and vacuum it too :)

Offline rolty_gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5738 on: 19 June 2012, 08:54 »
picking up a new ashtray and lighter.also getting a new petrol cap solenoid that i am writing up a how to of today.  :smiley:
LCR Decor - Quality affordable home improvements, we also take on commercial work, www.lcr-decor.co.uk free quotes! essex/london/kent and surrounding areas. call lee-07984106950 e-mail-leerolt@lcr-decor.co.uk

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #5739 on: 19 June 2012, 19:59 »
Fitted intercooler, slam panel and headlight.

O and the silicone T.I.P. Jest need to plum in the pipework now and wiring. :(