Author Topic: What have you done to your Golf today?  (Read 607647 times)

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: What have you done to your Golf today?
« Reply #5680 on: 29 May 2012, 00:35 »
Took the old girl for a proper blast whilst dropping off some items to a M8....

Great to actually open her up properly across twisty country roads...

Had a few people flash me - don't know if that was in recognision of the car or for being a Tw4T for overtaking them... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brand new set of mirrors being fitted to the old girl tomorrow as long as it don't rain!!! 

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #5681 on: 29 May 2012, 13:37 »
received a dead pedal plate. and a us spec rubstrip. was going to cut up, spray and hopefully fit today, but a few too many stellas last night  :sick:  :grin:

Offline TheFan46

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5682 on: 30 May 2012, 21:24 »
I did my thermostat housing on the VR6 a little tip for anyone else doing it if the 3 bolts holding it on are seized sold and feel like they are going to snap like mine were remove the battery and unbolt the power steering reservoir and move it out the way and using a punch that fits inside the bolt heads give them a smack it might take a few attempts but they will release and removing the pas bottle and battery you will be able to get a good swing on the hammer  :nerd:

Offline Turbotezz

• GTI forum regular
  • New Dubber
« Reply #5683 on: 30 May 2012, 21:27 »
Soldered 2 cables back together so i can operate the rear passenger side window from the switched up front! :laugh:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #5684 on: 31 May 2012, 20:08 »
Managed to get 58.4 MPG on my 200 trip back home for the Jubilee weekend. Greatest I have ever gotten  :smiley:

Offline Bandit127

• Here all the time
« Reply #5685 on: 31 May 2012, 21:02 »
Bought a set of long beach alloys from a fellow member with 4 good tyres on. http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=38710 - top bloke.

Will sort the best of those to improve mine and get the 4 tyres fitted this weekend.

Bye bye to the 205-55 tyres on the front that make the front ride even higher than it should.
« Last Edit: 01 June 2012, 18:46 by Bandit127 »

Offline rolty_gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5686 on: 01 June 2012, 12:51 »
after replacing the 2 front tyres last week for the first time i ordered some spigot rings for the front wheels as they didnt have them on!!
strange cos i never felt any shuddering etc, but ordered some from ebay and they arrived this morning so after my cuppa i will be going out to fit them  :smiley:

i'm also sourcing some new front wishbones and track rod end ball joints,
might also give the inside a hoover and clean
LCR Decor - Quality affordable home improvements, we also take on commercial work, www.lcr-decor.co.uk free quotes! essex/london/kent and surrounding areas. call lee-07984106950 e-mail-leerolt@lcr-decor.co.uk

Offline dasan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5687 on: 01 June 2012, 16:11 »
Called out for a windscreen replacement as Mr Chip started to crack..

Woke up to find a completely flat osf tyre, had it repaired. 2 big nails later and good as new.
Then saw a set of 18" alloys on car at the tyre place and tried to buy them.. :) but the owner was out..

Upgraded my Head Unit to an Alpine BT so can now use my phone in the car.
Then realised the VW speakers are not great, so thinking of amps and upgraded speakers etc.

VW Golf GTI - 1.8T 2003 - Reflex Silver

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #5688 on: 01 June 2012, 18:00 »
Hanging out...Finished my 5 hour detail today. Soo pleased with the result. Should now stay clean til inters in a few weeks, if not the rest of the summer  :cool:

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #5689 on: 01 June 2012, 20:13 »
Bought a rear beam for it, picked up 7 slat grill from post office, and looked at pink paint.
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19