Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 290673 times)

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1121 on: 12 June 2010, 14:23 »
That sounds awesome!

nick

adamrob69

« Reply #1122 on: 12 June 2010, 14:59 »
im not a fan of all this push to overtake gimmicks personaly; i would rather they just sort the problem out then cover it up with something else. The rear wing idea is obviously the result of how easy the mclaren can overtake thanks to their stalled rear wing.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1123 on: 13 June 2010, 01:50 »
im not a fan of all this push to overtake gimmicks personaly; i would rather they just sort the problem out then cover it up with something else. The rear wing idea is obviously the result of how easy the mclaren can overtake thanks to their stalled rear wing.

im not too keen on gimmicks either but they seem to be loathe to give the cars any more mechanical grip and the aero people seem to pull back what they lose everytime the rules change.
At the end of the day i want more overtaking or at least the attempt and if it takes moveable rear wings and kers so be it.

adamrob69

« Reply #1124 on: 13 June 2010, 10:57 »
I dont think introducing KERS and the rear wing device together is a good idea, it has to be one or the other.

Anyway i chose the racing over the football yesterday and so glad i did. What a qualifying sesion that was. I was a bit surprised to see the mclarens on the soft tyre, especially as they were better then the redbulls on the harder tyre so in my eyes would still of been up there. If the safety car does come out they will have to stay out to prolong the tyres; if they dive straight into the pits they will go straight to the back and game over. the only saving grace is the LH seems to be able to make the soft last a bit longer and the margin between both tyres are very minimal; by the time the mclrens come in for the harder tyre the track may have improved enough not to warrent two stops.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1125 on: 13 June 2010, 18:40 »
Very good result.. Pleasing!

Also very glad to see that Michael Schumacher didn't score a point as I thought the way he drove was, frankly, appaling.

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #1126 on: 13 June 2010, 18:42 »
I think Schumacher must be having his 'time of the month' as he seemed to be a bolshy sh1t today!

A very good result though in a real sport! :tongue:
« Last Edit: 13 June 2010, 18:44 by DarnPB »

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1127 on: 13 June 2010, 18:49 »
What a race! Loved it.

nick

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #1128 on: 13 June 2010, 19:05 »
schumacher should take up touring cars after todays driving  :grin: :laugh:

made it an intersting watch, along with the dummy spitting vettel  :grin: and no radio trafffic from weber whatsoever  :evil:

The brit boys did good :afro:

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1129 on: 13 June 2010, 19:06 »
thats how schumacher has always driven  :grin: