Author Topic: oil buzzer is doing my head in.  (Read 1860 times)

Blue MK2

oil buzzer is doing my head in.
« on: 18 July 2004, 19:35 »
changed the leaky oil pressure sensor thing on the polo and now the dash buzzer doesnt shut the f**k up. Oil level is ok aswel. Should it be filled to the max mark maybe?

Does this mean there is low oil pressure caused by the oil pump maybe?

can runs fine its only happend after i changed the sensor.

Any way to get this buzzer to shut up ???

Chers,

Blue 8)

golfvr6

Re:oil buzzer is doing my head in.
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2004, 20:24 »
Check that you have fitted the correct sensor and its plugged in properly.
If all is right then get the oil pressure checked.

Blue MK2

« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2004, 20:08 »
oil pump and pressure is fine.

Its the right sensor too. Its got something to do with the wiring...keeps cutting in and out over bumps etc etc

Chers 6 ;)

Offline bigkev750

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2004, 21:51 »
my girfriends mk1 used to do that  ???
its that long ago i cant remember how i fixed it
(god i'm getting old)
sorry i cant help.maybe it will come back to me
 ???

Offline bigkev750

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2004, 21:56 »
hang on a minute i remember now i think.the oil was sludging in the sump so when you chcked the pressure at idle it was fine  but at higher rev,s it would suck up some crap and loose oil pressure and bring on the buzzer .
oooh i'm tired now need to go to bed
good night

nogama3

« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2004, 11:24 »
I has a similar problem in my mk2 8v, crap was getting sicked up through the feeder and blocking the mesh, took sump off (a proper b!tch on mk2's) and gave it a thorough cleaning, found out some plastic cover had broken into pieces which blocked the mesh. Worked brilliantly after that.

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2004, 13:24 »
I has a similar problem in my mk2 8v, crap was getting sicked up through the feeder and blocking the mesh, took sump off (a proper b!tch on mk2's) and gave it a thorough cleaning, found out some plastic cover had broken into pieces which blocked the mesh. Worked brilliantly after that.

hows it a b!tch? empty the oil undo the bolts drop the sump.

isnt the plastic thing called a windage tray or something?

Offline mk1

• I live here
  • 2ltr16v turbo (now with programmable EFI)
« Reply #7 on: 29 July 2004, 21:24 »
This may help  :-\.
Steve.
Hi, there are two oil pressure switches on the engine and if either of the switches goes faulty it should operate the buzzer. If you have checked the oil pressure with a gauge and it is within specs, go for the switches. One of the switches is normally open contacts and the other is normally closed. To test these I use 2 test lamps, one end of each connected to battery positive and the other end of the test lamp to each switch, then with engine stood one lamp should be lit, and when you start the engine it should go out and the other should light. Watch for either of them flickering or not changing over. If you do replace the switches, make sure that you put the correct switch in the correct location. I have also seen some cars with the strainer on the oil pick up pipe blocked, this causes the oil pressure to drop as the engine revs are increased, drop the sump off and clean out.
Steve.