Author Topic: Gadgets For Your Car  (Read 4079 times)

Offline Ridg

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,851
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
Re: Gadgets For Your Car
« Reply #10 on: 10 April 2008, 08:59 »
you want to get yourself an A4 mirror

built in auto dimming and compass  :cool:



do u have to modify anything to put this on?

i want one by the weekend :afro:

not 100% sure i've read a few site in the past saying they have got them working but that was some time ago, someone will have to investigate, another think i've seen is people fitting the A3 auto dimming side mirrors, apparently the sharan had this too, which is probably an easier fit

Offline GTi-Matt

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,635
Re: Gadgets For Your Car
« Reply #11 on: 10 April 2008, 09:48 »
just looked at mine and its stuck to the windscreen so how would the auto dimming work **scratches head in confusion** :huh: :huh:
I must warn you I'm about as decisive as a 5 yr old in a sweet shop!!  :grin:

Offline Ridg

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,851
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
Re: Gadgets For Your Car
« Reply #12 on: 10 April 2008, 10:07 »
just looked at mine and its stuck to the windscreen so how would the auto dimming work **scratches head in confusion** :huh: :huh:

the mirror gets wired in, similar to the V6 / W8 mirror, the auto dimming is basically an LCD behind the mirror glass which darkens when its bright

i found this guide no pics though  :cry:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1674560

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: Gadgets For Your Car
« Reply #13 on: 10 April 2008, 10:07 »
just looked at mine and its stuck to the windscreen so how would the auto dimming work **scratches head in confusion** :huh: :huh:

you wire it into a power source.  then when the light shines the glass turns opaque or something like that and stops the light shining in your eyes  :nerd:

EDIT - beaten to it  :rolleyes:

Offline GUY_GTI

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 410
Re: Gadgets For Your Car
« Reply #14 on: 10 April 2008, 12:52 »
:grin: :grin:

what colour is the a4 rear view mirror, I need a new one because everything is black apart from my mirror.


i found a black rear view mirror in a passat in the scrappers, its the same as the standard but in black

watch the sump ask guy he went over a some toilet paper and it carcked!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Offline GTi-Matt

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,635
Re: Gadgets For Your Car
« Reply #15 on: 10 April 2008, 19:10 »
as its the show season this is a must have :afro:

http://www.tmtuning.com/HOME/catalog/product_detail.php?default_product=2160

"oooo i loves my gadets notice there all hands free" hahahahaahahaha
« Last Edit: 10 April 2008, 19:14 by kke1 »
I must warn you I'm about as decisive as a 5 yr old in a sweet shop!!  :grin:

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Gadgets For Your Car
« Reply #16 on: 10 April 2008, 19:14 »

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline GTi-Matt

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,635
Re: Gadgets For Your Car
« Reply #17 on: 10 April 2008, 19:17 »
as its the show season this is a must have :afro:

http://www.tmtuning.com/HOME/catalog/product_detail.php?default_product=2160

Yeah i like the beer holder  :smiley:

thats beer doesnt look very nice!!!!!
I must warn you I'm about as decisive as a 5 yr old in a sweet shop!!  :grin: