Author Topic: Digi-dash  (Read 3452 times)

Offline Brads MK2 GTI

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 480
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2006, 14:10 »
I've heard that it CAN be done, but never heard of it BEING done! I guess the same applies, you'll need a degree in fiddly wires and not knackering car's electrics to do it :)

Offline Mk1Mad J - 16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,382
  • At my age I don't have to act responsibly...
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2006, 14:14 »
 :nerd: I've ssen it in a golf mag so yes definately can be done.

It's all a bit too nightrider for my liking you David Hasslehoff Wannabees :laugh:

"Ever since I started to surf, I have realized that golf is for people who don't know how to surf."  -- Tiger Woods.

my dub project:-
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=35338.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyEUOoH_xxo

Offline Horney

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,782
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2006, 14:15 »
Is it also no the same one as the early Audi Quottros?

Offline vdubajgti

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 75
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #13 on: 23 May 2006, 18:51 »
Hi, don't know if I like them to be perfectly honest  :undecided:

Some on German Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.de/Digitaltacho-Golf-2-Digifiz-VW-tuning-custom-VW-golf2_W0QQitemZ8067392328QQcategoryZ99224QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And just somebody's page with them, suppose the pic with the blue/violet digi dials are ok: http://www.scirocco2.de/digifiz.htm

Hope this helps!!  :wink: AJ

Offline Godzilla

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,476
  • <<<VR6 MADNESS>>>
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #14 on: 23 May 2006, 18:53 »
The Astra GTE dash can be fitted into many different cars. I installed one into my Pug 205 GTI. Not that difficult if you know what wires are what. I might put one into my Golf. Main thing is to get the correct transducer for the dash, if the transducer is wrong the speedo will read be incorrect. The dashs are fairly easy to take apart to put a different coloured film over the yellow thus you can have whatever colour you want!!

Offline Brads MK2 GTI

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 480
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #15 on: 24 May 2006, 00:07 »
The Astra GTE dash can be fitted into many different cars. I installed one into my Pug 205 GTI. Not that difficult if you know what wires are what. I might put one into my Golf. Main thing is to get the correct transducer for the dash, if the transducer is wrong the speedo will read be incorrect. The dashs are fairly easy to take apart to put a different coloured film over the yellow thus you can have whatever colour you want!!

Ah you are the man! Can I marry you? :)

Offline Godzilla

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,476
  • <<<VR6 MADNESS>>>
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #16 on: 24 May 2006, 14:17 »
Lol Brads MK2 GTI!! Found a GTE digi today in my local scrappy with the correct transducer. Going to get it and install it into my GTI....if i did it on my Pug 205 GTI im sure ill work a way how to do it on the Golf. Will keep all informed of progress and pics!! A must is to change the colour first as i dont want yellow digits so its going to be a light green colour....think that will look good as i have an oak green GTI.

Offline JMallows

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,281
Re: Digi-dash
« Reply #17 on: 24 May 2006, 14:27 »
Sounds good, ensure a write up is done though ;)


A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Offline super98

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 22
« Last Edit: 29 May 2006, 21:01 by super98 »